Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the largest set of tires I could put on a '91 Bronco w/ stock axles? I have 35" BFG muds on it right now. But down the road after I finish fixing the suspension the previous owner dicked me over on(6" superlift w/ rear blocks, stock pitman arm, stock radius arms bleck!) i'd like to throw a 3" body lift on and maybe run 37's. But i've heard the TTB can't handle 37's, but the 8.8 can.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Just depends on how you 'wheel it.

Neither of your axles will like 37's, but they'll be ok in the mall parking lot

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i'm not going to lie and say that I off road a tons, because I don't, as I just got the rig a little while ago. But as I am meeting more people into wheeling around here, i'm going more often. No rock crawling or anything too hardcore.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Bronkzilla ran 38.5s on his Ibeam setup, and ended up whacking it out of service at Pismo Dunes.
I can't recall if he put a 9 incher in the back, but he ended up going to a Dana 44 front solid axle.

·
Registered
519 Posts
MikeW said:
Bronkzilla ran 38.5s on his Ibeam setup, and ended up whacking it out of service at Pismo Dunes.
I can't recall if he put a 9 incher in the back, but he ended up going to a Dana 44 front solid axle.
yeah.. 38"s on the ttb.. didnt work too good.

the rear is now a 10.25.. front is a 44 solid with warns and ctms

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
That Superlift liftkit will probably fail long before the Dana44 TTB axle...
Throw the 37s on it. When it messes up, beef up the brackets or throw something else under there (D60/10.25).

Be sure to get a dropped pitman for it. The wrong pitman won't do much to help tire wear.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
i had 38.5's on my TTB. 6'' suspension and 3'' body they did rub a little. I did not wheel it every weekend but when I did wheel it I just had to make sure I did not get ont the stupid pedal to much. The only thing that went wrong was a balljoint went out. I am doing a SAS now. I have a Sky jacker phase II for sale/parting out. I have a pitman arm and extended radius arms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts