Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
There's a Parkhouse Tire in Esco. You might call them.
According to the guy I talked to it's impossible. The sidewalls are too weak to repair.

Nevermind all the photos I've seen of repaired tires and all the people who say they've had it done. I imagine it's the DOT tire part of it that automatically makes them not want to do it.

If someone has a hookup and wants a cheap tire I'd be willing to sell it to help fund a new tire.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have gone to Parkhouse and they have turned me down in the past but Daniels in Sante Fe Springs has been doing some good stuff for me.

Unfortunately, I was turned down by Daniels this morning because of this damage:

They said that they believe the cords to be damaged and is caused by a large impact. Unfortunately, they are onto something cause this was on the WE wheel I bent up last Thanksgiving. It didn't leak there but they did not want to take any risks. I actually didn't see that damage....as it never bulged or leaked there.

I brought it for this as a 'section repair' and they were going to do it until they discovered the inside damage.....

This is a non DOT sticky tire.....any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Try ParkHouse Tire in Fontana. Dont remember if the cap shop is there or Bell Gardens. If you say its for off-road use only they might do it.
What he said. Fontana shop did a couple of stickies for me. They suggest you inflate higher than you would run for a beadlock tire. Mine is a spare and still holding air after a month.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
thread necromancing before I start calling random shops listed 5-10 years ago.

anyone have recommendations? I'm in Ontario but work in Bell Gardens...so just about anything east of LA is a possibility.

·
P.B.A.
4,325 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
get a big fucking patch

I have patched sidewall gashes 2"+ with over the counter tire repair goop and
patches about 5" diameter in Baja and on a crawler. Its not pretty but they work. Found the patches on ebay. $2-3 each.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
as a heads up I dropped off 3 tires with a company called "Parkhouse" (Parkhouse > Home) last week.

They have two locations in SoCal. One in Fontana (you'll need to speak with Manual) and one in Bell Gardens (where I dropped mine off, with Joel...pronounced Joe-L).

make sure you mention that they are "desert race car tires" and the fact that they are not DOT approved.

waiting on getting them back but the estimate was ~$50/tire and all 3 had multiple sidewall gashes (some as large as 3-4" in length).

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
as a heads up I dropped off 3 tires with a company called "Parkhouse" (Parkhouse > Home) last week.

They have two locations in SoCal. One in Fontana (you'll need to speak with Manual) and one in Bell Gardens (where I dropped mine off, with Joel...pronounced Joe-L).

make sure you mention that they are "desert race car tires" and the fact that they are not DOT approved.

waiting on getting them back but the estimate was ~$50/tire and all 3 had multiple sidewall gashes (some as large as 3-4" in length).
i had used them in the past and they have turned me away...please report back as i need a 42 fixed asap

21 - 36 of 36 Posts