Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all know that goodyear is a large chunk of the rcaa sponcership. seems that there have been alot of bfg wins in other comps as well as rcaa. but this year, the magic size is 40" for rcaa. the only problem is that the tires must be dot'ed. this is going to be a problem for bfg, because the tires that have been winning for them are all different compounds that don't pass dot standards. I was just wondering what everyones take on this is. wether or not tire manufactures should make "special" tires for competition or have competitors run what is available to everyone else.

·
Registered
824 Posts
welcome newbie :flipoff2: this has been discussed at least twice already. try a search

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Who says the 40's are a benifet. The taller tires are a clear benifet in true rockcrawling(BIG ROCKS). But in RCAA comps I see no advantage to taller rubber compared to the 37's. Those 40" Goodyears are tall, the ones Jason Paule had at Prorock in Fernley measured over 40". I do not see a clear advantage. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Kyoder, I may agree with the "Big Rock" advantage with the 39.5 Krawlers. But, don't 4-get they are also 13" wide not 12.5, So that should offset the heigth problems.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i would think guys running the huge rubber would have stability issues. But then dont listen to me im a newbie:flipoff2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was getting at more of the politics involved and what the tire makers are doing to improve their standings in the competition scene. and yes xjblabla, I am a newbie poster on this board, but that "im gonna flame you" internet hardass play gets real old.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
loper said:
......... and yes xjblabla, I am a newbie poster on this board, but that "im gonna flame you" internet hardass play gets real old.
yup, it does, I like your mature reply;) Welcome to the bb:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts