Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 99 z71 ext cab and it has stock rims and wheels on it. i like the truck and all but it needs to go up and get sum beefier tires on it, if i put a 3" body on it what size tires could i run? could i get 35's or is that too much? i eventually want to go a susp but for the time being since im brock from buying the truck i cant afford a ifs lift fight now so body has to do if i like it with the body i may just keep the body,neways what size tires can i fit with a 3" body

·
Registered
280 Posts
body lifts should stop at 1.5 inches. IF the radiator is body mounted, it will be out of alignment, shifter boots/tcase levers sink into the floor, the body can shift , and these all get worse the larger body life you use. You could try hacking the fenders a bit, but thats not something you're going to want to do on your new truck. 0.02

·
Registered
280 Posts
body lifts should stop at 1.5 inches. IF the radiator is body mounted, it will be out of alignment which can be fixed by using electric fans, shifter boots/tcase levers sink into the floor, the body can shift , and these all get worse the larger body life you use. You could try hacking the fenders a bit, but thats not something you're going to want to do on your new truck. 0.02

Personally, i would wait and save up the money for a SAS and susp. lift.

·
Registered
30 Posts
just curiourse here....i have a 88 silverado with a 3 inch body lift.....i know i can fit 33x12.50......but could i go any wider....or is that the limit?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh sure you can put 35's on anything with enough fender trimming and body massaging. Heck im running 35's on a stock toyota. Who needs a lift to put big tires on anything anyway. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts