Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a link to the huge thread comparing the different tires! I would use the search option, but I can't find it!

·
Registered
12,010 Posts
Disco said:
Look harder!!!!!:shaking:
As of recent changes - you need a star to use the search - it will be the best $20 you ever spent.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Great now were going to be a bunch of dumbass threads about newb shit just because they cant search. But I do understand the pay for more benefits thing.

·
Registered
15,361 Posts
carwash said:
pay to search...about time.

if youre going to charge for searching then you should charge for joining, simply charging for a search is going to cause alot of headaches from dumb noobs like me asking stupid questions becuase we can post but we cant search

once im not a poor ass i will buy a star , pirate is the most valuable site on the internet to me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What will happen is another site will take over in popularity, then the vendors won't get their advertising and will begin to lose interest. Simple market forces, someone else will offer the same thing for less. the core competency of this website is attracting a lot of users, and selling advertising space. if more $ is made from membership of non vendors then it seems like it will work, but this move is a change to a new buisness model and I don't think it will work. Bad financial decision IMO.

BTW if I was advertising here I would be PISSED! people who want personal reviews on my product can't get them any more.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
jetboy said:
What will happen is another site will take over in popularity, then the vendors won't get their advertising and will begin to lose interest. Simple market forces, someone else will offer the same thing for less. the core competency of this website is attracting a lot of users, and selling advertising space. if more $ is made from membership of non vendors then it seems like it will work, but this move is a change to a new buisness model and I don't think it will work. Bad financial decision IMO.

BTW if I was advertising here I would be PISSED! people who want personal reviews on my product can't get them any more.
IT WAS A JOKE, search is down while BIG upgrades are being done, read the top post in each forum;) How does everyone miss these top posts anyway?

Search Disabled (Updated Saturday)
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/announcement.php?f=16&a=49
We're turning OFF search (for everyone, and that includes mods and admins!) in order to allow the site to be up for other regular use.

We're upgrading software and adding another server. Expect the site to be up and down a few times between now and Tuesday, which is our ETA to be mostly complete with all the planned upgrades

Lance & Bill

Everthing should be done by tuesday & they are adding a 3rd server:smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts