Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am in the mist of doing an 8.8 upgrade and came across a good amount of frame rot in the usual area. Since I am going to have to cut off the stock CA brackets I figure why not link it. I have the Artec 8.8 truss on the rear. My question is about the placement of the frame brackets. I am leaning towards the artec link brackets.
Artec Industries Dual 4-link Bracket

I am running 33 and was wondering if I its better to push the brackets as far foward as possible or maybe better to shorten up the arms. I read about ground clearance issues with longer arms. Opinions wanted...and be gentle please...LOL

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The longer the link the stronger the material has to be to resist bending. If sticking to mild steel, additional strength means additional weight.

Keeping the pivot point for the frame ends of the links near the T-case output will help to minimize the change in length the driveshaft will see during travel.

Unless you have a large amount of suspension travel there isn't much to be gained from excessively long links.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I ordered up the link brackets yesterday. The 8.8 truss is sweet. Made the swap simple.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Quick qeuestion line up the upper link holes or lower link holes with the tc output?
upper and lower

make sure its all square! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so I ran into another problem. The top of the bracket hits the tub. I can either space the bracket down 1/4" or band the tub in and grind the bracket a bit. What would be better?

·
InArtecWeTruss
3,517 Posts
ok so I ran into another problem. The top of the bracket hits the tub. I can either space the bracket down 1/4" or band the tub in and grind the bracket a bit. What would be better?
Do you have the typical 1 inch body lift for the TJ?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Get one....

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,548 Posts
Use poly brackets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts