Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding my engine, and have a couple ?'s. (btw I've searched alot and didn't find anything...may wrong search terms???)

Anyway, I bored it .040 over, and had quite a bit of head work done to the head. I'm getting ready to put it all back together, and was wondering a couple things.

1. Will the stock computer, injection work w/this?
(I'm planning on using the 4.0 throttle body)
2. If not, will using the 4.0 injectors work/solve the problem, by flowing more?

3. And does anyone know of anything I've overlooked in this rebuild?

Also I'm planning on a header and exhaust.

TIA for your help.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knoxville said:
Yea, you should have just swapped in a 4.0L or bigger. :flipoff2:

LOL...I was waiting for that. But I got a deal on the machine work, so I figured this would be just a little bit easier than a full awn swap. The guy that did the machine work decided to "play" w/ the head and wants to know the results for future reference.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I know the throttle body for the 4.0 is bigger, but are the injectors? If they are the same part #, then you could always go for the injectors guys use with strokers (ford parts) to get the extra fuel they need.

But from your explanation, I'd be surprised if the engine is needing that much more fuel to require the up in injector size.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JohnnyJ said:
I know the throttle body for the 4.0 is bigger, but are the injectors? If they are the same part #, then you could always go for the injectors guys use with strokers (ford parts) to get the extra fuel they need.
That what I was wondering, I guess I should search that. I assumed the 6cyl injectors flowed more. So, then the 5.0 injectors(I think) would be what I need to get more flow(if needed)? Also does it matter that I've got bigger valves too?

JohnnyJ said:
But from your explanation, I'd be surprised if the engine is needing that much more fuel to require the up in injector size.

I think I'll just run what I got then, and see what happens. If it needs more, then I'll use the ford injectors.

Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The injectors may or may not be bigger.. What is the size of the combustion chamber?? It may be pretty close to the same. To have a stock set up require more fuel you need a bigger area for it to be in. Yes, the 4.0 TB is a good idea though

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
SpeedFreaks at JU has the best info out there about doing this kinda stuff. The moderator, Dino can prolly tell you off the top of his head with pretty good accuracy what will be needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts