Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '01 TJ with a 2.5L.
I want to redo the battery cables, and try to intergrate my winch cables into a single terminal.

I have a set of Sound Quest terminals that have provisions for a single 0ga wire, a 4 ga wire and 2 8ga wires.

The positive side of the battery appears to be a 4ga and an 8ga wire, which leaves the 0ga slot in the terminal open for the winch cable.

But the negitive appears to be 2 4ga wires. Is that correct?

I was going to buy a set of new battery cables before I started to hack my cables to have an extra set just in case, but does anyone know if I am correct about the battery cable sizes? Where can I get a set of cables other than the dealership that will be a simple swap?

Or does anyone know of another aftermarket battery terminal that will accept do the same basic thing as the Sound Quest terminals, but with more cable openings.

Right now I'm running the winch power cables to the front posts on my Optima yellow top, as I am unhappy with the way the ring terminals sit when attached to the bolts on the battery terminals.

THanks for any help!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would get military terminals there the best, not these crimp down style! Just cut your old terminals off get some new lugs, a roll of solder and heat shrink. Solder the new lugs on and attach them to the military terminals along with your winch. There strong and will never vibrate loose.

http://custombatterycables.com/accessories.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts