Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update - Now 60/14, Stretched Front & Rear

Well, this is my first build ever so it ain't perfect but i have learned alot.

HP44/9", 4.88's, lockrite/detroit, 3 link / 4 link, 37" Pitbulls on beadlocks, and lotsa home made sh!t.

Before and a couple posers

Ready to be gutted

Out with the old

The goods

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The numbers. Ain't perfect but i image when i actually finish they'll be off a little anyway so i'll have to check.

The brackets

Couldn't decide on the arms, tried a couple options, eventually said fawk it. Jonnies and Heims all around.:bigok:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the final arms.

Did up the beadlocks, what a fawkin chore :banghead:

Made up a pinion guard outa some scrap

Slapped it all together to check for clearances, heights, etc. as well as some ghetto driveway flex.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then ripped the rear apart for some final burning and painting.

New shock sitting next to one of my old superlift or skyjacker ?? shocks ment for a tj with 4" lift.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished the rear sway bar. Made some new mounts and flipped the old bar from the d35. Painted drums. LOL. Still trying to figure out if it's legal to run no tail pipe up here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Work with whatcha got buddy. :flipoff2: That was a little greasy but heh. The blocks in the garage only stayed that way for a night. :eek:

Still a little greasy, but i'm still here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right now i'm buttoning up the front then it's on to bumpers, fenders and boatsides. Some other info. Got a dakota master cylinder in to help with the brakes, stock chevy front lines bolt up and are like 6-7"'s longer then stock Tj's. Ran the hard lines on the inside of the frame. Got the Durango box to help steer (hydro assist at some point).

There was a fair amount of Fawk, cut it off and do it again. Live and learn. Should turn alright but only time will tell.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm a cheap fawker and i got a jug from my buddy for free. Plus i kinda like the yellow. The joints won't bind but they'll be a little rougher on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Like your homemade rear shock hoop. What travel shocks are you running in the rear ? Dont know how to read 4 link calc, could you tell me your suspension link lengths ? You are stock wheelbase ?

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whatever the biggest bilstien 5125 are. 14 and a bit of travel front and rear. Might have an inch or 2 over stock. I'll have to measure the links for ya when i get a chance. Pretty busy getting ready for this weekend. Went for a trial run and found some bugs that i need fix. I'll update the thread next week.

1 - 20 of 277 Posts