Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's do an official cage building inspiration thread. It's one of those items that we all need no matter what our diffs/tires/engine combo may be.

If you have a bad ass cage post up pics. Function and looks both are worth noting. First it's gotta be functional and second it won't hurt anyone's feelings if it looks sweet. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start with a few I've collected....

Anyone have any info on this one? Where can I find more of it? Love this thing.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I don't understand the lack of door/hip bars in some of these rigs, mine have saved my seats/legs/arms more times than I can count.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Question for 6'+ guys, is this design an issue for head to bar contact?

I was leaning more towards a design like this one for head clearance, but I would think the diagonal bars on the first pic are a stronger design.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So whats the consensus on the poison spider style A pillar mounts vs through the dash? Is the firewall/door jamb strong enough to be a mounting point? Gotta say it makes me nervous.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,800 Posts
So whats the consensus on the poison spider style A pillar mounts vs through the dash? Is the firewall/door jamb strong enough to be a mounting point? Gotta say it makes me nervous.
I went with a PP through the dash. If/when I roll it will likely be during one of my high speed dezert runs so I wanted as much strength as possible while retaining the back seat for cruising around. PP also put in seat mounts and a harness bar for the belts.

Unfortunately I have no pics. Maybe this weekend.

1 - 20 of 854 Posts