221 - 240 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
The cage looks :grinpimp: Josh

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Here is a shot of mine. Not quite done yet, still need to add gussets, more triangulation in the b and c pillars and door bars.

I love that Curve, Im ganna steal that, if you dont mind

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well my cage is almost ready for paint.
Removable cross brace including the harness bar is done.
Front spreader is almost invisible behind the dash. Yay!!
Front seat belt and window frame crush sleeves to be welded in plus a couple of grab handles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
pic

Its a bad pic, but its the only one i could find where i added the front bars, tied in the rear and added the bar up and around the cowl area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The reassemble process starts. Heres what we got done last night.

Cage is pretty much bolted in. Need to get some bolts for the cross brace . reroute the airvents in the dash and refit that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
took you long enough to post em up mate:shaking:

·
Registered
51 Posts
He still wanted to be able to use the rear seat (with cross brace removed) the cage was designed to meet CCDA competition regulations and transport department regulations as this is a daily driver and more importantly the rear seat passangers will be his kids. Strangely it is not legal to use the 4 point (yes mounted on the brace) on the road hence the retention of the factory lap sash belts.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Couple of finished shots....

That's is a great design, I wheel with my sons who are very young, My next addition will be a cage, I have been looking at ideas for retaining
the rear seat and use of the factory soft top, I am glad to see one done, Great pictures Thanks

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
MORE!!!!! I need more cage Ideas!!! Keep posting up:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Overkill, that's a great looking cage. I like the fact that you made the carrier removeable on the back. Nice touch :smokin:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
221 - 240 of 854 Posts