Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 854 Posts

·
K^2
2,789 Posts
He still wanted to be able to use the rear seat (with cross brace removed) the cage was designed to meet CCDA competition regulations and transport department regulations as this is a daily driver and more importantly the rear seat passangers will be his kids. Strangely it is not legal to use the 4 point (yes mounted on the brace) on the road hence the retention of the factory lap sash belts.
Is it not legal to use tube-flanges?? They would look a lot cleaner than those big ass plates IMO

·
K^2
2,789 Posts
I rebuilt the front of mine a couple months ago. Still needs paint, but I am going to plate-in behind the b pillar and over the driver and passengers heads.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is it not legal to use tube-flanges?? They would look a lot cleaner than those big ass plates IMO
Unsure what your defenition of tube flanges is exactly ( I am guessing like the flanges on the taxi bar) but to explain the theory behind the "plate" style is that when the cross brace is removed and the rear seats fitted there is nothing pretruding from the main hoop of the roll cage for the occupants to impact with in the case of an accident. Although the plates dont look all that great when in the cage looks alot cleaner when the cross is out. Registered as a 4 seater that has a priority. It also allows me to get the cross brace in and out of position alot easier as there is room between the cross brace and main hoop.

·
Battle Masher
2,243 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Simple and clean, doesn't look the same though. Bends are just enough to give it a unique look. I like it a lot actually, but everything you build is sweet :smokin:

·
Registered
63 Posts
here is mine.......it has the poly cage additions to the front and the back. through the dash I also added sill bars for the harnesses and a removable bar for behind the seat I want to retain the ability to use the back seat. Still need to add an X somewhere.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tried to build a little something different, decided to build a cage that would replace the windshield completely. got tired of bashing windshield frames.

Almost ready to bolt it in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are all fantastic.. great threat and a great help for me as im about to start my build.. Thanks to all who took the time to post and share.

Cheers

Dave

241 - 260 of 854 Posts