Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 854 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Wahhoo, cool design, hosw is the head room in the rear?
Its fine for my boys, I'm not sure how an adult would be back there.

The seat and harnesses are set up for kids, so there are no adults riding in the back.

The kids wear helmets on the trail, but I don't think there is any chance of them hitting their head.

Here is a pic of them in the back when we were test fitting their seat.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
lol it better look familiar. it took a while to get tcase output flange and 2wd output shaft, but it should be ready within the next couple days

·
Registered
385 Posts
This is my first attempt at a cage... still working on it, so if anyone has some ideas to help out feel free. I am planning on 1 more cross bar alone the front, top part of the cage (doin the evil squinty eye/brow look) then an inverted V between it and the middle cross bar with two spreaders matching the rear section and then door bars. On the rear section I will have 1 more cross bar right behind the rear seat that is level with the rear most bar.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Very nice, and the custom touches are sweet. Just FYI, but lower B->C connectors just above the wheelwells really help make things rigid in the rear. A common hit is to the rear corners and the connectors help transfer a bunch of the load throughout the cage.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Finally ended up testing my cage the other weekend. It held up great. Besides some major scratches on the paint, there was no damage done. Didn't even touch the windshield. I did tweak my tub around the drivers side door quite a bit though.

281 - 300 of 854 Posts