Pirate 4x4 banner

381 - 400 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
scrambler

man, mines not nearly as sweet as all these cages, but i thought i would post a few up because its a scrambler!

maybe ill try and take a few good ones

·
Registered
500 Posts
That is a trick and I have never seen it all accomplished correctly. The front door surround knuckle is only four inches from the windshield. The tightest radius for 1.75" tube is 5.5" CLR. That does not add up very well for a 58 degree bend.
I dont know why you would have a problem? I did not even have to cut the factory door surround like dirty harry15 mentioned.

not the best shot but you can see there on

It was flopped with this top on and the soft top fram was bent thats why the top is not tight as it should be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster, and since this is still one of my favorite threads here, my contribution:

For what it's worth, it's tied in at the A pillar in this pic, and I'll be doing the C pillar soon, as it's not enough by itself. I used to work at a shop, and we wanted to do a simple add-in cage that we could show customers. I know it needs more triangulation. :flipoff2:

I also had to shave down my door surrounds:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's mine next to a co-workers cage that was based off of the same basic shape, just a bit more... busy. The green one has been on it's roof and the cage held up really well given that it's just an add-on cage. It didn't shift at all.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
That suckas got a low COG!:flipoff2:

Can you post some pictures from above if possible? You dont need a back window anyway, nice work.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I got some ideas from this thread so I though I would contribute. I don't have any of it sitting flat in the garage, but here is a few of my cage.

Soft Top attaches and functions. Factory Door surrounds work as well. Doesn't lay perfectly flat in the back when folded down but close enough

Top Shot

I wouldn't put 2 people in the back seat and go crazy as the uprights are a bit close to their heads but I usually kick them out when it gets hairy anyways.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
I got some ideas from this thread so I though I would contribute. I don't have any of it sitting flat in the garage, but here is a few of my cage.

Soft Top attaches and functions. Factory Door surrounds work as well. Doesn't lay perfectly flat in the back when folded down but close enough

Top Shot

I wouldn't put 2 people in the back seat and go crazy as the uprights are a bit close to their heads but I usually kick them out when it gets hairy anyways.

Nice looking cage and jeep. But put a seat belt on that little girl. A lap belt is not going to help her.

·
Registered
588 Posts
But put a seat belt on that little girl. A lap belt is not going to help her.
Oye......I make her wear a lap belt at all time and personally tighten it each time myself. You are looking at a flat gully section of a Trail and I did not feel like the shoulder belts were neccessary. On harder trails with flop potential or on the public roads, she is fully harnessed. Thanks for your concern and heads up to others But I have it handled and treat her as my most prized possesion.

She even has been taught to hold onto the shoulder belts since she can not reach any grab handles

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
... and that there is how to take care of the kiddo's. :smokin:
Really?

Neither the seat or the belt fits that little girl. The harness is 7" above her shoulders. That girl needs to be in a car seat or a jr. seat with the correct belts. Not my kid and you have every right to put her in what you feel is safe.

Back on topic. Sorry

381 - 400 of 854 Posts