Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
off topic, but SLIPKOTJ you need to clear your messages out! Could you tell me what sliders are on that black sahara? thanks

Those are made by bigdaddy. Nice but would of bought something different for more coverage next time. I would definately use AEV next time around.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Yeah, I too plan on a "little" dimple die action for the cage. What size dimples did you use? I've been desiring to make some 4, 5, and 6 inch dimple dies! It looked like you were having a new dash made as well but I guess they had to take it all out to get the cage in and out?

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,542 Posts
Factory dash went back in. It was removed just for cage install/fabrication. It really looks beat as does the console. I need to figure something out, but I am not sure what yet.

I don't know what size dies were used on the rack. It is a Poly prototype. I think if there is interest they will be building them to go with the cage kits. I just know it is pimp :grinpimp:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Factory dash went back in. It was removed just for cage install/fabrication. It really looks beat as does the console. I need to figure something out, but I am not sure what yet.

I don't know what size dies were used on the rack. It is a Poly prototype. I think if there is interest they will be building them to go with the cage kits. I just know it is pimp :grinpimp:
As is all that is Polyperformance....if I was close and could afford it Id have Poly build me a cage....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Here's what I've done for a buddy's YJ in the last day and a half.

Needs to have the B x'd and be nice to add some door bars. But otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is my cage, me and a buddy built last summer. There is a diagonal that is hard to see from this angle that goes from the driver b pillar to the frame. The front and rear down tubes tie into the frame. We used the stock middle hoop to start from. The plates for the middle hoop are bolted with grade 8 bolts to another plate under the body. Plans to tie that plate into the frame. Once I get new seats I will be adding hip bars.

back_02.JPG

·
K^2
2,786 Posts
heres mine...

goes behind the dash and still uses factory air vents. Front is tied into the frame, rear will be soon

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
if you have them, post pics of your frame tie-ins.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Anyone have some pics, or a link to some, of the white and blue one fromt the side/back? I'm done my front half now, looking for ideas for the rear.

This one...

61 - 80 of 854 Posts