Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Ok guys. Here's progress on my cage. It's all tacked now. Only thing left is seat mounts, throw the tube in for frame tie in's (plates are bolted both sides of the floor already) and the grab handles from the A to the spreader over the door. The handles should reinforce that joint nicely.

Thoughts??? More triangulation right :flipoff2: :laughing: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, since most of my ideas came from pics in this thread, here's mine:

X will go behind the b-pillar when it goes back in the jeep, hip bars and the rest of the seat frame will be added once I figure out my seat situation, still have a couple gussets to add.

Tom

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
New one i'm doing for an unlimited. He wanted to keep the stock door bars and build off of them. Legs are far enough in the corner that the vents still work.

I like the A bars, but I wouldn't use the stock door bars. You could build some new with the same OD and functionality out of thicker material, but the stock ones are .065 or .120 wall depending on the year...not enough in a low diameter tube, IMO.

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Yeah, I know, I tried to tell him. We started working on the dash bar and upper bar and he says, maybe we should have just left them out. :shaking:

I dont have an 1 3/4" die, only 1 5/8", and the stock bars are 1 3/4, so that was part of the decision. The door surrounds wouldnt have fit right.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The frame atachment on the last picture looks to me like it doesn't have much support, 8" to 10" of leverage and just tubing with a bushing would be just like using a cheater bar on a ratchet!!!!!!

Scary how?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
The frame atachment on the last picture looks to me like it doesn't have much support, 8" to 10" of leverage and just tubing with a bushing would be just like using a cheater bar on a ratchet!!!!!!
Maybe ask the guys at Polyperformance see if they have had any issues with that frame tie in.

81 - 100 of 854 Posts