Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 yj, 95yj
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading post on here for a while but finally decided i had something worth sharing.
i had a set of cj doors that came with my project jeep yj but after fixing all the rust on one i decided to get tj doors, everything ive seen doesnt really show you how the latches work or how to even do it. so i made some and hope they can be useful to someone else.
these arnt finished but they do work really good and its about as far as you need to go

so what i did was bought some tj strikers on ebay for about $20 and cut some square tubing until i got a shape that bolted on and held the door shut

did that not great mock up but it got me the measurements i needed

then made a jig from the yj striker to get the angle and bolt pattern

milled out some new pieces from just some square tube laying around. the next two just kinda show how offset the tj is from the yj

and of course had to cut the tub to fit the new striker

i didn't get around to taking a pic of the door on but it closes really nice and the striker is adjustable (have not worked on the seals yet but the bottom wont fit as is, i have cj i will try but might end up with something else for the bottom). my next plan is to add some 1/4 round so a seatbelt wont get stuck behind it, then just some finishing touches and powdercoat. ive thought about making a couple extras but on the plasma cutter. hope it helps someone i know it was hard to find any info myself

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 yj, 95yj
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
small update, just added the 1/4 round to give a little bit more rigidity and stop the seatbelt from catching

tig welded one, wanted something different. brazed the other and like that a bit better. either way works good for letting the seatbelts slide past and not get caught on it. might be a while before i paint it but ill try to get a pic with it on and working

·
Registered
1993 yj, 95yj
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok probably last update needed but i set up the door on my 95 yj, it doesn't have the right top but its good enough to show the latch working.

thats about it nothing to complicated. ill be sandblasting and powder coating, the door seal need to be figured out but i probably wont show that.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Definitely a topic msny Jeepers look and will keep looking for info on this mod.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts