Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any good pictures of a tj EXO-cage. Looking to build one for the front of the jeep. Have a stinger connected to a grill hoop that runs into tube fenders. Connect the tube fenders to rocksliders. Then not sure about what to do around the hood area. Any ideas of pictures would be great I will post up more later.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The Tj On The Cover Of Jp Like A 2 Months Ago Was Sweet. Ill Try And Find A Pick

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something like this with a stinger and rock slider tie-in. Need some type of bar to cover the area right behind the hood.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I 2nd the JP cover design. I have thought about doing the same thing, then continue off the rockslides up the back edge of the doors and then around to the back along the edge where the softtop connects to the body. Then around the rear fender like the poison spyder rear fender flares.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hope this link works

Sheldon from goferit offroad built this for me. It came about after seeing him roll and some big dents on the hood. Figured this would protect my radiator when I go over. We were going to weld it on, but upon further review he made it completly bolt on. This of course does not tie into the fenders, cause there aren't any. Again I hope this link works cause I suck at the internet.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/29128196/542185266FLWpAk

·
Registered
275 Posts
bigblacktj said:

That is what I want to do. I think it looks good and would work great.
I noticed that a lot of TJ's on Claytons site were running those. I was wondering where every one was getting them or if Clayton was making them or something because they look like they'd work damn nice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We build those in house. We bend up the hood loop, then cowl loop and then make the fender loops to fit. We have a few jigs, but it usually takes some custom work to make them fit just right. Then the side fender down to the rocker depends on what rocker panel the jeep has. At that point we tack weld everything together, remove the whole exo, weld everything off the jeep, paint it, then reinstall it, and weld it to the jeep.

So making it a kit which we could ship would be difficult or very expensive.

That setup does work very well. Many of the jeeps with them have survived many roll overs, with minimal hood damage, and no radiator damage which is the main purpose of the exo.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Adam I would have to say I live to far away just to bring my jeep to you for some work on it. So I think I will use that idea and build one for my rig. Looks great and I think it should work good.

·
Registered
23,812 Posts
Partial exo. Could add in whatever desired from here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts