Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinkin' about doin' this in the front. got some questions for anyone with any experience with 'em.

FWIW, the rear are RE 4.5" springs and I'd plan on using the Currie towers.

The lenght numbers on the fox 12" shocks seem right for where the currie mounts put the top eye, can anyone confirm this?

are the 2.0 coilovers sufficient or would the 2.5s be better suited?

I did a quick check on the fox website and didn't see anything about springs. maybe i just missed it. if not... where should I be looking for springs and what rates???

thanks.

Brian.

·
Registered
622 Posts
i wheeled with a rig that had teh currie setup with 12" 2" saw's and the currie 4" rear springs, cant remember if it had a 1 3/4 spacer on top too, but for some reason i think it did. anyhow it wheeled very well. he seemed very happy too. he did say they usually run a 10" though. i have 2" in the front of my tj and havent had any problems.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I ran 12 inch 2.0 foxes with the currie mounts no problem. hung the lower shock mount off the side of axle tube. It has 4 inches of up travel. 23 inches to bottom of frame with 40 inch mtrs.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Why not just buy Dave's kit and run 14" travel shocks. I run 10" on my stock width early CJ. Yours is quite a bit wider and could benefit from the extra travel. you would also get Daves full attention and experience, not some dumba$$ sales person from Currie who's never turned a wrench.
Dave could nail the valving and spring rates and assist in any question you may have saving countless hours in the long run.....

·
Registered
622 Posts
currie seemed to have the valving dialed as it preformed very well on climbs. which have been my biggest problem so far in getting the valving right. i am trying to find a happy medium. unloading has been a comprimise so far.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,806 Posts
BJensen said:
yes, I know dave sells a kit. Infact I wheeled with Dave once when he completed clawhammer in front wheel drive, nice show. :D

I just need some specs on the setup. :)

I have pics. btw. call Pig and get the good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts