Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked this in the :flipoff2: Newbie section and no replies:flipoff2: Thought I would ask the hardcore since it will most likely involve some fabrication.
I just picked up a 98TJ frame. I'm going to lengthen the frame 11" and install my 59 Willys wagon body. I would like to know if I will have to run a drivers side drop D60 axle using a Jeep TJ aftermarket lift or can I use a passenger side drop D60 and reverse the track bar. :confused:
I know I will have to weld on brackets to either D60 I use. All my drivetrain is setup for passenger side drop. Drivetrain is a SB chevy/700r4/Chevy 203-205 doubler.
TIA for any info. or help.:)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yes, you can't reverse the track bar...If you go passenger side, building the axle track bar mount will be challenging, but doable. I have seen it done before.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Are you worried about interference between the diff. and the track bar? Any lift 4" or over should leave plenty of room for a driver side HP60. Anything less will require some modifications to the track bar or its mounting points, but is still very feasible.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,
The only reason I asked is that I already have the pass side t-case. Guess I will have to look for a F:flipoff2:ORD 205. I'm new to 4 links. Although the 4 link or a 3 link setup is better than the old short springs.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If you're already talking about taking frame "a" and body "b".... anything is possible... just a question of whether you should be doing it or not...

HINT: 4-links and 3-links don't necessarily require panhard/track bars

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Go Vols. I understand that 3 link and 4 links do not require a panhard/track bar. I guess another question would be; Which setup would handle best on the street and still work good off road. I would prefer to stay away from hiem joints and go with something more like a Johnny joint or similar type joint. I want to be very stable and reliable on road. I would like to use an aftermarket lift kit if possible for reliability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts