Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out buying a RCI fuel cell and was going to install it in the back, conp cut and strech the rear. It was a slow day at work and me and a co worker were looking at my jeep and comming up with a plan for the job. During This step I kept thinking back to a ride we did at river rock. The owner's son had a bad ass back half YJ. During that trip I kept thinking how one day I would like to do that to mine. So anyway you can quess how this is going to get out of control in a hurry. So buy the end of the day i had my jeep cut in half with no real good plan
DSC_00761.JPG

It Started buy buying this

DSC_00711.JPG

Cut the rear section of cage out

DSC_00771.JPG

DSC_00821.JPG

Remove a little body metal

Due to the # of pictures will continue in the next post

Attachments

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rest of the build cont
DSC_01641.JPG
DSC_01651.JPG
DSC_01701.JPG
Bent some Tubing (I used 1.75" x 120wall DOM ) and added some sheet metal
Probably some one is ready to ask why did you use the existing B Pillar tube. It was already tied to the front section of cage from a previous project and Time was not on my side I had a ride in four weeks I did not want to miss. If i had to do it again i would have remade that section not as much from a strength stand point but with all the holes for seat belt mounts is looks like a hammer.
DSC_01671.JPG

Installed some structure for the seats

DSC_01711.JPG

Tied into the frame

Have to cont again

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my project completed
back half.jpg

The finished project

I used 2" x 14" long fox shox. The axles are still my D44 and my tires a little small at only 36" TSL. But I have plans to up size the tires and get a set of 60's.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the back was down a little in the back at the time of this picture I did not have my nitrogen fill kit in yet and I had one of the guys we met at the ride bring his. Nothing like adjusting the air shocks at the camp site the day of the ride.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
it would have been real easy to take the stock pillar out and replace it, and run it straight to the frame. not bad tho, other than that

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yea like I said in my prior post I wish I would have replaced the B piller hoop but mainly from an astecitic stand point I think it will be fine from a structure stand point. But like any project you can probably write a book on what I should have done. and buy the way I have probably spelled a lot of things wrong but I never said I was teacher.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It added 9" to the wheel base. I will have to strech it a little more buy moving the front when I go with larger tires. Probably an additional 3"

·
Registered
610 Posts
thats sweet, i love it. idea of a comp cut to half back in the end!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts