Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I find out what gear ratios my 97 and my 02 Jeeps have? In my other 4x4 it is in the door on a sticker. :confused:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Since this is a newbie question and I'm a newb I guess I'll answer. Crawl under the rear of the Jeep and there is a tag on the diff cover that will have it on there. If you have a stick and a D35 it will most likely be 3.07, if you have a D44 it will be 3.73. Don't know the auto ratios. This is assuming the gearing is still stock.

·
Registered
982 Posts
If it is the 4-banger with 5-speed you have 4.10's, pretty sure the 4-banger auto has 3.73.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a I6 and an auto.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both do

·
Registered
304 Posts
I opend a dana 35 with the bild paper and ax tag = 3.75 but the damn thing had 3.55 .... and jp build up on there dana 44 was a open carrier but jeep says they did not put in a open in a 44 so the best way is to open it up and count the R & P... my $0.02 :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If you don't trust the tag you can jack up the rear end . Spin the tire and count how many drive shaft revolutions it takes to turn the tire. If you mark them both you can get a good idea of what ratio it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts