Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input on a redneck ram for my 97 TJ. It has detroits front and rear, HP Ford 44 and Ford 9 inch. The steering linkage is all DOM and Heims, it is on 35's with beadlocks. I will probably move up to 36's or 37's when my 35's wear out.

Problem is the stock steering just sucks being locked up front. I am considering a Redneck Ram and want some people who have run one to chime in here... The jeep is not my daily driver but I do drive it to work (50 mile commute a few times per week).

How does the Redneck Ram work for ya? On the trail with a front auto locker and on the street?

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Best upgrade you can put on your rig. Get rid of the Heims and replace the with 1ton tie rod ends. Do the upgrade they suggest to improve flow on your pump and you will love the setup. It is like having a 2500 psi steering damper on your rig, the wheels only move when you turn the wheel. No more bump steer or tire shake at lower tire pressure. I had a selectable locker on my last d44. In the last couple of weeks of my 1ton swap now. My new d60 has a lock right in it so we'll see in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would I want to replace the heims with tie rod ends??

The heims and grade 8 bolts are much stronger....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts