Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal. After my front 60 swap I cant steer worth a crap to the left. I thaught at first it was due to the drop pitman arm not giving enough throw. Well this past weekend I was checking my kingpin bushings out (bored) and had the front end jacked up off the ground. I cranked up the heap for the hell of it and turned the wheel. It turned stop to stop. Sat it back down and samo samo no turn to the left. IOW.. If the weight is off the tires I can turn smooth as silk. What gives?!?

Here is a pic of my set up.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just a stab here, but sounds like you may have some movement in your trackbar.... When your turning the wheel, can you see the body move over the axle or does the wheel just not turn?

Your steering box might be crapin out on you too.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the steering box was what I was thinking also:( . Crap the damn thing aint got but 20K on the ticker! I bet the Stealership would love for me to bring it in for a replacement.... LOL

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Steering box is my guess as well. Or the frame is giving out a bit and sucking up the movement. Have somebody else steer it while you watch. Either your box doesn't more, the frame flexes, or ??.

Jack

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I second the idea of putting someone else in the seat turning the wheel while you sit in front of the heep and watch. you be very surprised at the amount of things you notice down there. every time I get some one to do it for me I fix at least one thing that I didn' realize was fawked up.... :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THX fellas. Ill have to get the wife out of in front of the TV (LMN:rolleyes: ) and behind the wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts