Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is a pretty standard problem on lifted TJs. Mine has a 5.5” lift RE long arm suspension. So is it worth having someone reweld the spring perch (I don't weld) or do one of the bolt on fixes?

Couldn’t get a good pic of the coils on my TJ, but here is one I found on the web—mine in basically the same, maybe a little more bowed:

My goal would be it improve the on-road ride of the jeep and make it a little easier to drive to trailheads—and maybe let the springs survive a little longer.
I need to work the bump stops in the back so if I’m going to do anything with the perch I want to do it before messing with the bump stops.

Best, J4R

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been researching this quite a bit lately (I know I have a yj but it has a tj suspension under it). From what I gather it will help the "ride" a bit but it isn't necessarily unsafe unless you happen to be hitting your shock. If you flex enough to need your bumb stops you should move them and the bolt on option is an acceptable alternative to cutting and welding but it adds lift. Also if you haven't yet but plan on a tummy tuck wait till after.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I should add that the coil is not interfering with sway bar or gas tank.

I have the RE long arm, so the tummy tuck is already done. I guess you want the TT done first to get your pinion angle set before re-angling the springs?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes. I plan on doing the cut and weld method soonish but I've been out of work for a couple weeks due to getting rear ended on my bike so funds are kinda low atm. I already have the body lift, mm lift and sye I just need adj. uppers and dc shaft ( i think) and I'll be ready for the tt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts