Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its that time again...the second installment of project 6042. The front axle stretch took place about 6 months ago & now it's time to take care of the rear. Since I was taking the TJ completely apart again I figured I'd swap in D60's as well which of course led to a fuel cell & a whole bunch of other shit. I'm hoping to have this thing finished for an OCT 1st run so I'll keep this thread updated over the next few weeks as I go.... enjoy. :D

THE TIRE THAT WILL BE RUN ON THE FINISHED PRODUCT: 42/14/17 IROK

THE OLD ALXE/TIRE COMBO:

NEW REAR D60 SHORTENED TO 62":

NEW FRONT HP D60 WHICH IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING SHORTENED TO 63":

FRONT D60 'INNER C' CUT OFF:

D60 'INNER C' & TUBE THAT WAS CUT OUT OF IT:

TJ FUEL TANK OUT:

TJ FUEL SENDING UNIT:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
REAR FLOOR CUT-OUT FOR FUEL CELL:

CARGO AREA BUILD UP FOR FUEL CELL & STORAGE SPACE:

REAR FRAME CUT-OFF:

REAR FRAME BOBBED ON JEEP:

THE CUTS USED FOR THE REAR FRAME EXTENSION:

FRAME EXTENSION MOCKED UP ON EXISTING FRAME RAIL:

FRAME EXTENSION COMPLETE:

SNEAK PEAK AT A BLING-BLING EXTRA:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm in the middle of working on a front 60 also. What did you use to cut that C off? Also it was my understanding that you could only go to 64" on that d60(same one I'm working on) & still have everything line up. Hopefully I'll have some brackets next week & have a better idea of how wide or narrow I can make it. My 60 as it sits now:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I like that idea of putting the reciever into the frame. So are you going to use those to put tow hooks or shackles on instead of mounting them to a bumper?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Looking good! Seems just like yesterday that I was following along with the front end stretch. Wish I had the time, $$ and a good place to tear into my stuff.
For now I'll just get some good ideas from your junk. :D

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
powdr7 said:
Wish I had the time, $$ and a good place to tear into my stuff.
Thats funny, considering he doenst have any of the fore mentioned. All he has is friends that work for :beer: & :blender:

Keith said:
That looks like a lot of work...
It is...

·
Registered
81 Posts
what are you going to do for lift? I remember from the front stretch thread you were changing out shocks on the this project as well. You goin with the bil's?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B.A.R.K said:
Thats funny, considering he doenst have any of the fore mentioned. All he has is friends that work for :beer: & :blender:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!! I must say that FTK crew sure are some damn good guys... :beer:

Swamp, that stupid rumor about minimum width on a front D60 is bull shit. It comes from guys that are too damn lazy to think it through. Keep an eye on the thread, I should have my final front measurements early next week (can't get back to town until then).

rckcrwlr, yea, I'm going to use them as tow points, BBQ pit mounts, etc...

Luke, I don't plan to add any lift but finally suck it up & get away from the 50/50 up/down travel ratio and go with more like a 30/70 up/down. on the front stretch I used the old RS9000's but I will be switching to 7100's for this project.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Sounds like I need to find some of those friends... :cool2:

I have some, but they live a bit toooo far away...Maybe I'll just drive my junk down there :p

Anyways, keep us posted on the teardown/buildup

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
damn you about as bad as me. cant leave shit alone. i would just get my jeep "done" and i would tear back into it and redo everything. lol

BTW looking damn good :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
282 Posts
powdr7 said:
Sounds like I need to find some of those friends... :cool2:

I have some, but they live a bit toooo far away...Maybe I'll just drive my junk down there :p
Bring it.
We live off of food, liquor, and spare parts.and boobies

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Looks good P&T!

One question though, what the hell did you cut your rear quarter sheetmetal with? A herring? Clean that shit up! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IndyCJ said:
One question though, what the hell did you cut your rear quarter sheetmetal with? A herring? Clean that shit up! :flipoff2:
I put some chocolate syrup on it and let BARK & the FTK nibble on it.... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
James K said:
:cool2:

did you use a portaband to cut the "C" off?
no, got a good line to use with a cutting wheel then broke out the sawzall.

·
Registered
416 Posts
P&T, on your front, you increased the WB 5 inches? Do you know how far yet, your pushing the rear? Was wondering what was your final WB gonna be, and if the 42's play in on the amount. I'm thinking 40's on mine, and thinking how much to push the rear back. Looks like you and your buds have been busy, looking good. The old man :D

1 - 20 of 331 Posts