Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,421 Posts
I just left the rear swaybar off when I did my lift. The axle drops so much that I really chew up the rubber frame side bushing quickly on my RE arms, and there's a ton of rear steer (The axle folds underneath the Jeep)... I'd hook mine back up, but a bolt snapped off in the axle where it mounts, so I just say "Fawk it"

You'll gain some flex, but it's not really worth spending the money on those, IMO.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
They're nowhere near as beneficial as disco's for the FRONT, IMO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have disco's on the front, the travel with my RE lift is awesome, just ran acrossed info on the TK Sliders for the rear and thought "Hey, there not too pricey if they work!". Just wondered what others thought. I'm sure no swaybar in the rear gives awesome travel, hell yes! But mine is a DD so I need some slot car performance.

·
Registered
560 Posts
My TJ is a DD and my rear sway bar has been ditched for the past year. Drives fine to me. Just keep the front connected and your good to go on the street. Although not safe I've driven mine on the street with no sway bars at all. If you drive it like you don't have any sway bars then you are ok. Just keep your head about you and you should be fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There lies the problem: I drive it like its a sports car!!!! Hence the reason for the TK Slider idea. I might keep the rear the way it is till a wheelin trip, disco the rear and then drive it to the hills with a little more care.................hmmmm, saves $120?!!!!! I've heard without the rear hooked up the springs can fall out under droop, any experience there???????

·
Registered
19,421 Posts
dman said:
I've heard without the rear hooked up the springs can fall out under droop, any experience there???????
You heard right, and yes :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the TK Slider people that problem is addressed and you get more wheel travel.......hmmm.

·
Registered
19,421 Posts
dman said:
According to the TK Slider people that problem is addressed and you get more wheel travel.......hmmm.
I can't tell from the pics. Is that a total disconnect, or does it just allow the axle to drop a few more inches?? The only way I can see that it's addressed is if they only allow the axle to drop a certain amount, and not totally free.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it allows for more droop but not a total disconnect, telescoping but with limiting pins.

·
Registered
556 Posts
replace the rear links with threaded rod and rod end links, like the currie anti rock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts