Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of installing the tera low and 2low kit in my 231 with an aa sye already installed. Looking at the tera instructions they instruct to remove the sye tail housing.... is the necessary or can I just remove the front yoke and then split the cases leaving the rear sye in place. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1998 TJ with stuff
4,041 Posts
In the process of installing the tera low and 2low kit in my 231 with an aa sye already installed. Looking at the tera instructions they instruct to remove the sye tail housing.... is the necessary or can I just remove the front yoke and then split the cases leaving the rear sye in place. Thanks for the help.
It has been a while since I had mine apart. However, if my memory is correct, the main shaft has to fit into gears and the front half of the housing. I don't remember it being a PITA, but it did have to all go together correctly and then fit into place in the front half of the housing. I am not sure that you will be able to do this correctly without removing the tail shaft. Heck, if you got it all on the workbench, try it, if it doesn't work, then pull the SYE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts