Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like some feed back from anyone running a 37x13.5R17 tire on there TJ. I’m debating running that size as opposed to the 12.5 wide version of the KM3 Mud.
Thought is a wider tire on the rocks will provide a better foot print and more stable ride. My TJ is on 60’s that are 64 inches wide. In addition, I was planning on parring these tires on 17-inch wheels with 3.75 back spacing and -37 offset. Looks like this wheel size will also provide an addition 1 inch of width to the axle.
I’m running a RK LA 3.5 with high lines in hopes to keep it low. I goofed on the LA when I discovered my gen-right tank would not give me the 5 inch stretch with a RJ 60 only a Dana 44. So, at the moment its more like a 2-inch stretch.
Hoping someone can let me know if the tire width is a bad or good idea. This jeep is a seasonal jeep I do drive around town, and to Moab. 80% is now on trails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
side note i have one rev, the KM3 look to be on the lighter side, however there is considerable more weight to the 13.5 tire. I'm still only on the 4.0 and my Tj is the 97 so and plug in play mods like a turbo or super charger as not compatible. I am running 4.88's so will this be a dog to drive and thus stick to the 12.5 wide version to shave close to 40 pounds for 4 tires?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts