Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fabbed up a winch plate last weekend. Yeah I cut the metal with a jigsaw it was not fun. I will be getting torch soon, very soon. Anyway I have to drill the mounting holes now. Does anyone know of a place where I can get CAD drawings or blueprints of the TJ frame? Or do you have any suggestions on how to accurately measure the mounting points where the bumper is attached now. Here is a picture of the rough cut and welded winch plate.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
do you still have a stock bumper? it works as a good template.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I scrapped it about 3 years ago. And my current bumper has slotted holes.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I built my plate also. All I did was break out the tape measure and measured the ditances between the stock mounting holes. Then got the square out and layed it out on the steel. 1 of my holes wasnt dead on so I got the torch out and opened it up a bit.I can go get a pict of it if you need me to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other thing is I made it out of cold rolled steal so that shit is mad hard to drill. The angle won't be a problem but the plate is nasty. I may just have a friend blow the holes with a toarch instead of drilling them.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ya the torch would be the way to go on the holes. A good drill press would work nicely also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts