Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Wrangler with a 4.0L. While wheeling in the snow at elevation (6000'+-) I spent some quality time in the snow crawling to pack it down to get a good tug on a buddies Jeep to unstuck him. The problem is that when going form neutral to drive or reverse while in 4Low the engine reved to about 4500 rpm without my touching the gas pedal??? It would then rev down after a split second and act normal. Now this is intermittent, didn't happen everytime and the Jeep was fully warmed up and I hadn't even touched the gas, just dropped it into gear, I was standing on my brakes as always while switching gears.

I just recently installed a RE 3.5" super flex kit and went with the transfer case drop for now. The reason I mention this is because if I dropped the transfer case an 1" then the angle of my engine must have chaged slightly possibly causing a cable or something to bind or stretch or.....??????

Has anyone ever had this problem?

·
Registered
102 Posts
the problem

well i havent had that problem but i might key word MIGHT be able to tell u whats wrong but no garentees but theer could be 2 things like what u saud might be streching the cable! or it mght be somehting reguler it seems my friends car did that but he did somehting ti it i duno what and it miad it quite but it doasnt sound major!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts