Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been planning a build on my TJ. I've got a front pass. drop 8-lug D44 and a rear FF 8-lug D60. I could pull apart the front 44 and trim it down and make it a driver-side drop axle. However, I'm toying with the idea of making the TJ have a pass drop up front by ditching the 231 in favor of a dana 300.

It has the full traction 4" suspension on it right now, with the rear wishbone. As far as I can see, the only potential problem for making the TJ pass drop, would be routing the exhaust--but I think I've found a good path for it up and over the rear wishbone.

What y'all think about something that? Is there anything really obvious that I'm not taking into account with making the TJ pass drop up front?

thanks,
evan

·
Registered
261 Posts
Why not just get a ford D44?? or if your cutting it down a Waggy??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been trying to find a good ford front 44 for a while but haven't had much luck.

If I went ahead with the pass drop front 44 I wouldn't bother trimming it down since it would match the rear 60.

·
Rotten Sperm
6,517 Posts
I thought about doing this in my ZJ as well... Pass side D44s and D60s are SO much cheaper than drivers drop stuff... Until I found an 8 lug driver's drop HP44 :flipoff2:

I don't see a reason why you couldn't try it?

Bolt in 300, build brackets and bolt in 44... You'd have to toy with the 300 shifter linkage and probably the exaust but I see no reason why it wouldnt work

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I put a passenger drop D60 in my TJ. I had to run the exhaust on teh other side and fab holes for the tcase sticks. Other then that, it cleared fine.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well I'm a douche bag because I didn't see this thread. I started one in the non-hardcore section to find out some answers and it has been helpful. I got a hold of a pass. drop 44 and a 14 bolt for $250 and have been thinking of swapping my 231 for a 300 anyways so I thought it might be a cool idea. Curious to see if you ended up doing the swap or are still thinking about it?

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I went three link with track bar on top of the bridge I built on my pig.
Did something similar helping a friend with his rig...3 link with coilovers, mounted the track bar on top of a pedestal that matches the height of the front center section. With hi-steer, the angle of the track bar is easy to match to the angle of the tie rod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts