Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished putting RE 3.5" XJ springs, spring under, on my TJ. Everything is great except now after flexing it out twice (compressed the right rear both times) the right rear is sagging about an inch lower than the left rear. My question is this....

Is it typical for leaf springs to settle about an inch or so after being flexed a couple times? Or... did compressing that spring twice already begin to ruin it? I certainly hope it takes more than that to hurt an RE spring.

I know a couple people have built their TJ's the same way (tjdale for example) Anyone else have any trouble like this?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I ran the same springs on my XJ in SOA. They sagged about 1" after I wheeled them 2 or 3 times.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to hear. I would think running them spring under would be even easier on them than running spring over. Although, I am running them backwards which adds stress to them.

I guess I just need to go beat on the left side a little bit huh?

I can't stand a crooked ass Jeep!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
My jeep has the funniest lean, the front springs are all wore to hell and it sags forward and to the passenger side. Its a crooked ass Jeep. Lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts