Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new TJ when my cherokee was stolen and need ideas. Please post picks on well equipt vehicles and mods. No 2" body lift only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I would go through the effort and write down all my specs, but "Paul Nasvik" has a great web site that has his awesome TJ and all the specs. It has a lot of the things I have done, and am in the process of doing. He's even got ideas I haven't thought of.
Paul, I hope you don't mind me pimping out your site, but if you are building a TJ I think it's worth a look.

T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
ya know...

unless you'r thinkin 'bout sawzallin and 38s....

JU has *alot* more TJs than this board, and is perfect for the "what if" question.
http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/cgi-bin/ju/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Wrangler+Forum&number=29&DaysPrune=2&LastLogin=

not that a sawzall and 38s is a bad thing <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

So, to answer your question, put an R/E 6", 2" body lift, hack the rear fenders, move the tank up, 60s, 60s Atlas, NV4500, full cage, skids, skids and more skids, and TA DAAAAHH your done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by Dan-H:
<STRONG>ya know...

unless you'r thinkin 'bout sawzallin and 38s....

JU has *alot* more TJs than this board, and is perfect for the "what if" question.
http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/cgi-bin/ju/fo rumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Wrangler+Forum&number=29&DaysPrune=2&LastLogin=

not that a sawzall and 38s is a bad thing <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

So, to answer your question, put an R/E 6", 2" body lift, hack the rear fenders, move the tank up, 60s, 60s Atlas, NV4500, full cage, skids, skids and more skids, and TA DAAAAHH your done.</STRONG>
hmm dont know if id do that.... i think i would make your own links, use coilovers, sawzall the hell outta it, exo, and cage... ohh yeahh and 42" tires... 38's are soo .
...
.
.
.
.
yesterday <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 2" spacer lift= 33's..... the get yourself some rock rails, steering box skid and go from there.

Hunter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Just set it up like mine, and it will kick-ass...

3" Tera coils
1" Body+motor mount lift
OME shocks
RE Track-bars
Extended brakelines
Stock Control Arms
Upside down D300 with a 4:1 and twin-stick
33's
And someday lockers <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Originally posted by Dan-H:
<STRONG>ya know...

unless you'r thinkin 'bout sawzallin and 38s....

JU has *alot* more TJs than this board, and is perfect for the "what if" question.
http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/cgi-bin/ju/fo rumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Wrangler+Forum&number=29&DaysPrune=2&LastLogin=

not that a sawzall and 38s is a bad thing <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

So, to answer your question, put an R/E 6", 2" body lift, hack the rear fenders, move the tank up, 60s, 60s Atlas, NV4500, full cage, skids, skids and more skids, and TA DAAAAHH your done.</STRONG>
Or in otherwords instead of wasting money on a very high intial cost for parts your just gonna throw away don't buy a TJ! TJ guys are silly <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
TJ guys are silly


yeah, your just jealous and secretly planning to buy a TJ, thats why your lurking over here <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

Now take that rusty, leaky, oil-smoking chub-oda on over to the Ford board and slap on some real parts <IMG SRC="smilies/wink.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by NE-RokToy:
<STRONG>Or in otherwords instead of wasting money on a very high intial cost for parts your just gonna throw away don't buy a TJ! TJ guys are silly <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I paid $3,000 for my '97 TJ Sport (6 cyl). That's LESS than I paid for the CJ I sold to buy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,423 Posts
Originally posted by TornadoTJ:
<STRONG>I paid $3,000 for my '97 TJ Sport (6 cyl). That's LESS than I paid for the CJ I sold to buy it.</STRONG>

$3000?!!! <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> How in the Hell did you pull that off?? <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

BAJG, 42's are gonna be "so yesterday" to you too a week after you put them on <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">....Just get it over with and get the 44's. You know you will eventually. And I see your tubing sickness has gotten to CJ <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
The name says it all <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0"> It was torn up in the Fort Worth tornado last year. Top destroyed, all glass gone, passenger side completely destroyed by glass hitting it, hood destroyed (but I kept it), grill smashed (still on), etc. I have pictures of it right out of the tornado. Also, when I got it it had no springs, shocks, tires, you get the idea. The guy that owned it wanted a new one and kept all the good stuff. But, that's ok because that's all stuff you pull off and replace anyway, right?







Of course pictures never do it justice. You have to see it.

For what it's worth, I'm sitting at about $12,000 right now after all the work I've done, and NONE of it has been cosmetic. I spray painted the body so it wouldn't rust (the color doesn't even match), and of course put springs, shocks, tires, wheels, glass, headlights (held in line with duct tape and newspaper), bumpers, lockers, D44 rear, gears, etc. on the Jeep.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: TornadoTJ ]
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top