Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
Fuckers do it all the time around here. I think they wear it as a badge of honor. I hold way back because the shit thaws real quick around here and comes off in flat sheets of death. People are just stupid.

15,446 Posts
Years back I hadnt cleared almost 2 feet of snow off the roof and trunk of a Maverick I hadn't driven in a few weeks. I was driving wondering why some car was following close next to me and I sped up to get away from them. Then I saw that they were just trying to take a picture of the Glacier on top of my car.:homer:

·
Insurance poor
10,064 Posts
Cold people problems.........that I don’t understand. :homer:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I live in PA too. Last I checked, isn't it state law that you need to clear all ice and snow from your vehicle before driving? Therefore, with enough evidence, it would be on her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
10-4 is hard to prove where that rock came from unless some thing major for example a bad load where it’s spilling off sides or a tailgate comes open. I know for a fact rocks do not blow off the top. I haul 80,000+ tons of material a year. I keep up on the truck boxes and tailgates for this reason alone.

In my 20 years of dump trucking I never got a unsecured load ticket.
Nothing big enough to break a windshield anyway. Plenty of small stuff flys off so I make it a point to stay waaaaay back or get around them.

A guy I've known since grade school has an excavation business and his insurance asks drivers claiming busted windshields if the rock bounced off the ground or fell off the bed. 100% of the time they say it bounced and their claim is rejected as once it hits the ground it is a road hazard.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Aren't there some areas where you're required to clean the snow off your sidewalks or you'll get fined? It's stupid to be fined for that, but I don't see a lot of difference when it comes to "hazards".

Also how are truckers supposed to get on top of their trailers to shovel the snow? They throw off BIG sheets.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Aren't there some areas where you're required to clean the snow off your sidewalks or you'll get fined? It's stupid to be fined for that, but I don't see a lot of difference when it comes to "hazards".

Also how are truckers supposed to get on top of their trailers to shovel the snow? They throw off BIG sheets.
They are selling these in my area now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Police report for what? As for the plate, there is a good solid half inch of ice on both of mine. You are not seeing any plates around here.
Sounds like bunch of lazy ass people.
Up here it's a fine for not clearing your car. An even bigger one of shit comes off of your car and damages another car. Possible jail time if someone gets hurt because of your laziness.

Just clean your fucking car!

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts

Like this but usually the local constables prefer you to do it in the yard and not on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
That shit pisses me off to no end. It's not something that is solved by just not following close either. Those ice sheets will kick up and blow way high before coming down 10 or more car lengths back.

I got hit by a chunk a couple weeks ago from some dumb bitch's car and it hit the windshield right in front of my wife who was reading a book. Scared the shit out of her, naturally. She got pissed at me like it was my fault. The car that it came off of wasn't even the closest car in front of me or even in my lane so it's not like I was too close. So my wife is pissed at me yet I had no where to swerve and shouldn't be jamming the brakes on a questionable road surface.

Fuck that no roof clearing bitch again. :mad3:

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,938 Posts
I saw someone driving yesterday with a giant pile on their roof. "Badge of honor" I call it. They're showing off how much snow their driveway didn't get, or how they recently went to the ski lodge and it piled up. We came up to a stop sign and I noticed they other car didn't drive along. I check the rear view mirror and that pile of snow on their roof was now on their windshield and they had to clear it off the window. I wanted to turn around and say "what just happened to you is the reason the law requires you to remove that shit from your car before you drive."

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Tahoe tourists come off the hill with a foot on their poor little cars it’s pretty baffling. So heavy.

Semis do too, leaves icy snow bombs for 30 miles until it all melts.

I just don’t drive close enough so nothing happens to my vehicles. Thought it was common sense.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts