Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or should I be thinking shackle reversal & shackle lift before going to such a big body lift?

Shaun

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Skip the body lift and just go spring over and do the shackle reversal. Move the front ahead an 1" or 2", whatever you can until the box needs to be moved, becaues the tire will come back and eat the front fender.

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you did the body lift, you would be wishing you would have went with the suspension. The body lift is an easy fix to fit larger tires but in the long run you would be more happy spung over.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already did the soa on my previous 92, and loved it. But it was dam expensive! 1500$ in driveline alone - custom driveshafts and sye. Whereas, I already have the suspension lift, and for 130$, can have a body lift to fit the bigger tires. I am focusing my money on driveline strength such as a 8.8 rear first. Another thing that drove me to drink on my last soa was the bumpsteer. With this setup, I should have no problem.

Shaun

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I'm not so sure the 8.8 rear is a good idea unless you plan on keeping the 30 front forever. When you upgrade the front you have to redo the rear to match lug patterns. You can probably get front & rear Waggys for the cost of an 8.8".
I know you were'nt asking that, but you might want to rethink it.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
We all know you are going to do what you want, so the answer to your question is yes 35's will fit, if not cut out the fenders, or put on some TJ fender flares for more clearance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've got a total of 5" lift on my Yj and I'm running 35's with no problem. It does take a little massaging of the fender openings, but it's metal that would have probably gotten tweaked anyway!

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Why not just run a rockcrawler hood and cut out the rear ...lots of room then...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts