Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself, My name is James Clark, many of you have met me, most at least pretend to like me. I am an avid wheeler, slightly addicted to jeeping, and perhaps even more addicted to being outdoors. I spend alot of time in front of the computer and read quite a few forums, it is intriguing to me the numbers of people that are involved with posting in these forums. I have taken notice that our numbers are increasing, and more and more there are new people being introduced to our sport. I have talked to a great many people about their affiliations in the sport and I am slightly alarmed at the number of people that do not belong to any club or organization that supports land use issues. Many of you come here, you read the forums, you post to your peers, and you make arrangements to meet up with each other to go wheeling. I would like to invite you to join a local off road club. I do not care if it is Southern High Rollers, FWD-FWD, Jeeps of North Texas, Las Cruces 4x4, or even the Binders of Oklahoma. Whatever is close, or whatever club is of interest to you. It is important!!!!! Many of these Clubs support campaigns that allow you to continue to wheel in that hometown favorite spot, many support larger organizations such as SWFWDA, UFWDA, and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. It is only through unity that we will succeed over the opposition, and without that unity we will fail. Don't be one of those that heads off to wheel with their buddies only to find that the federal land is closed to you because you failed to act before it was too late. We can Win, but only if we are unified, and actively taking a stand. The thirty bucks it might cost you to join a club that supports one of these organizations wont set you back much, but collectively will elevate our issues into the national spotlight, and our voices will be heard.

James Clark
President SWFWDA
[email protected]

Feel free to email me anytime

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Rocktoyo said:
I've been looking for a club in this area that is not a "if it aint a jeep, it aint shit" group. No luck so far. :confused:

Joe
Then you need to check out
http://www.carolina-trailblazers.org

They are not like that.
The currently have 117 members
with all types of vehicles from chevy, ford, cruiser, rover, jeep, and then of course those that are none of the above and are home made.

Ken C

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
TexasYJ said:
I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself, My name is James Clark, many of you have met me, most at least pretend to like me. I am an avid wheeler, slightly addicted to jeeping, and perhaps even more addicted to being outdoors. I spend alot of time in front of the computer and read quite a few forums, it is intriguing to me the numbers of people that are involved with posting in these forums. I have taken notice that our numbers are increasing, and more and more there are new people being introduced to our sport. I have talked to a great many people about their affiliations in the sport and I am slightly alarmed at the number of people that do not belong to any club or organization that supports land use issues. Many of you come here, you read the forums, you post to your peers, and you make arrangements to meet up with each other to go wheeling. I would like to invite you to join a local off road club. I do not care if it is Southern High Rollers, FWD-FWD, Jeeps of North Texas, Las Cruces 4x4, or even the Binders of Oklahoma. Whatever is close, or whatever club is of interest to you. It is important!!!!! Many of these Clubs support campaigns that allow you to continue to wheel in that hometown favorite spot, many support larger organizations such as SWFWDA, UFWDA, and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. It is only through unity that we will succeed over the opposition, and without that unity we will fail. Don't be one of those that heads off to wheel with their buddies only to find that the federal land is closed to you because you failed to act before it was too late. We can Win, but only if we are unified, and actively taking a stand. The thirty bucks it might cost you to join a club that supports one of these organizations wont set you back much, but collectively will elevate our issues into the national spotlight, and our voices will be heard.

James Clark
President SWFWDA
[email protected]

I agree 100%

Even if it is not in Texas please find one in your area to help support or sport

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I found my current club here:

Club in every state

It is a crappy web site by they had the info I need on a local club.

I would also recomend everyone join a club regardless of what you drive or what your off road ability is. Through the local clubs and state organizations (usually funded by local clubs) we have our (the 4x4 community) best chance to be heard when it comes to land-use issues, trail openings/closings, etc.

Sure some clubs suck - but some don't.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Guys I have met James and he is a stand up guy and he is speaking the truth.. He recently convinced me that joining a club is a good, no GREAT thing to do if we want to have anywhere for us to wheel and even our kids to wheel in the future. I was kinda turned off to clubs to because of a couple of local clubs I attended were "Jeep" or go away attitute but there are so many that are NON-DENOMINATIONAL so find one and get in... or do like TPI JEEP says "start one" I have a 2 year old son I want him to enjoy this sport as much as I do but we have to have land !!!!

Rock and roll.........

Rick

·
Registered
489 Posts
Blue Ribbon Coalition

California association of 4WD
Right now there is a cash shortage with CAL4WD, and that is primarily due to not having enough members. So to all the people who meet up on this board and hit the trails in your area, whether you are in california or not, that aren't a member of an organization like one of these, I have this for you. :flipoff: No it isn't the nice one either.

GET INVOLVED!!!!
The trail you save could be your own.

Joe

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Many people have the best intentions of joining a club but its like a lot of things in life they get put on the back burner and never get done. So take your best intentions and act on them. Quit just talking about it and do it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
TexasYJ said:
I would like to invite you to join a local off road club. ..................It is important!!!!! Many of these Clubs support campaigns that allow you to continue to wheel in that hometown favorite spot, many support larger organizations such as SWFWDA, UFWDA, and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. It is only through unity that we will succeed over the opposition, and without that unity we will fail. Don't be one of those that heads off to wheel with their buddies only to find that the federal land is closed to you because you failed to act before it was too late. We can Win, but only if we are unified, and actively taking a stand. The thirty bucks it might cost you to join a club that supports one of these organizations wont set you back much, but collectively will elevate our issues into the national spotlight, and our voices will be heard.

James Clark
President SWFWDA
[email protected]

You don't have to join a local club to support the "larger" organizations. You can support them directly and cutout the middle men local clubs and state/regional orgs if you so desire. It is NOT necessary to support local clubs to support the regional national organizations if that's what a person wants to do.

No having said that I am a member of:
http://www.cal4wheel.com/
http://asa4wdc.org/index.html
http://www.swfwda.org/
http://www.azvjc.org/
http://www.saje.4wdriver.com/
http://www.ufwda.org/2K/

People don't have to join anything to be active and contribute to land use issues. Which I think is what your point really is - not that of going out and joining a local club.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Thats a new one on me, tell me about it, you a member? What part of LA are you from?

Im live just north of Shreveport in Vivian.. And yes i am a member.The club is new but it seems to be getting off to a good start. We are going over to Barnwell Mt. the weekend of the 25th.There is a meeting this weekend also. Check the webpage for details.

If you are interested you can contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
29,760 Posts
I am being courted by the Mile High Jeep Club. I have not joined. Mrs. Bobzooki says "you better not join". So THAT's pretty straightforward, eh?

Here's what I WANT from an off-road club:

1. People to go wheeling with.
2. People who know "new places" to show me.
3. People who arent XXXX-snobs (Jeep, Ford, Chevy, Toy, Suzuki, you get the picture)

Here's what I DO NOT WANT from an off-road club:

1. Being expected to participate in non-wheeling activities. Trail clean-up/maintenance is fine by me.
2. Participating in fund-raisers. I would rather just fork over the dough.

I am already a member of Blue-Ribbon Coalition.
My time is extremely limited, and valuable to me. I want to spend as much of it as I can WHEELING, and as little as possible in administrivia, and other BS.

Is that so much to ask?

Bob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
...the trail you save might be your own

Someone mentioned you do not have to join a local club and they are absolutely correct in that. Unity is important, the association is not, ofcourse I would like for everyone to be a part of SWFWDA, but I am a little biased. Just don't procrastinate away your land access.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.