Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this is not a question about swinging. I have 98 GMC Jimmy with a knock in the motor. I bought a 2000 Chevy Blazer for $700 with a bad tranny. Both vehicles have the 4.3 Vortec V6. Question is the when I started pulling the donor motor I dumped the oil and noticed it was a funny shade of brown. The oil wasn't milky like it had coolant in it but just a rather unusual color of brown. Anyone with ideas of what the problem might be. Should I continue with the swap. The motor sounded great no knocks or pings, plenty of power, and so on. After dropping some type F tranny fluid in the tranny I drove the truck up and down the road and it had power to spare.This is my wifes daily driver by the way.:confused:

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Depending on whether the motor sat for a while, moisture will collect in the oil, if it runs good and has power, swap it out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah the motor runs great. It did sit without being ran for at least 3 months. I just was unsure because it had that pet friendly antifreeze it. If with a cracked head or block it might do different things to the oil when they mix.

·
Registered
751 Posts
glad to see I am not the only one that had a leak. :D

That would be more then just a little condensation. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts