Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guy's...Got my star back and a digi cam (Oly C4000 :))

Here is the Tom Woods Rock n' roll shaft....Simply bitchen!

The large outer tube spins over the inner tube (with about 1/2" space between them)....Sooooooo (for the slow) that means you can hook your shaft on a rock and still transfer torque to the axle. Trick little concept, and the built qual. is awesome....

I was going to go with 1410's on the rear but decided not to in favor of KISS (keep it simple stupid)....I went with 1350's all around such that I can actually find a yoke or u-bolts if need be...I doubt I'll be tweaking anything soon.

--D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Compound angle...Not much vibration even at max speed....(55mph).

Turns out (I didn't notice at first) but my HD70 is off-set 2.5" to the right! Helped a bunch with the offset....However now I get to carry two spare axles (in the tow rig of course! :)).
--D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front with a 1350 CV....Notice the little clearance at the header collector...No worries though.

Also something to note...The slight compound angle of the standard Chev. D60...It's off about 1/2".

--D

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cool Doug. Hope you can make it down to Las Cruces for the CC. We are looking forward to watching your rig scale those falls with hardly a tire slip. :p

Rich

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jtisdale said:
Yeah, especially Nemisis III:D :D

Johnathan
Funny you should mention that one...That's the one obstacle of the "official" courses I get the jidders over...

I've already got one invite to go out with the crazies (Harold Off, Pat G etc) to do the "unofficial" trails...I need more seat time prior to that one though!

--D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts