Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have gone with Jess, but Tom Wood's sported me these....Excuse me if these have been posted before, but I haven't seen them here...

This is the Rock-n' Roll shaft. There is a 2.75" primary tube inside the 4.0" outer tube that turns independently of the primary inner-tube....For the slow, that means if I hook the shaft on a rock, I still transfer torque to the axle. Pretty bitchen concept and executed very well. Those are 1350's btw...Me like...

--D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Cool concept... can the outer tube support the rig on a rock without hitting the inner and causing binding anyway ???

Do I dare ask how much they run??

·
Premium Member
16,679 Posts
Yeah they can suport the weight of the rig. There was a video floating around of Chris Durham showing these off. He dropped the rear driveshaft of his CJ-8 on a big rock and sat there with the wheels still spinning. Seemed to work well.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
94YJGuy said:
Cool concept... can the outer tube support the rig on a rock without hitting the inner and causing binding anyway ???

Do I dare ask how much they run??
We'll see if it does...But I'm very confident it won't...I've got a good 1/2"+ before contact with the inner shaft...Sure it could happen, but the idea is that you "can" keep going when you do make contact with a ledge...It's up to you how far you want to push it from there! I realize it's not a slider, but in a pinch it could mean the difference between making it or breaking it.

Cost? Hmmmmmm. Not as bad as you might think.

--D

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
One thing actually two- :D -if its thick enough then it would never get hurt anyways spinning on rocks- second you just sit on the rock and spin! sit-and spin? we tried the spy-roll where its threaded and actually moves you up the rock! but hey its all good for competition- Jesse

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
well - its still here and awaiting ol lance to flip it around and drop it on a rock for us- Should maybe get camo's front with it when he goes to the front 60- Jess :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
How much more?

I`m gonna be ordering a shaft from you soon .. well my Flanges first :) But anywho... how much more does that .250 wall tube 2 1/2 diameter with spiral cost ???

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
basically your looking at about 75$ more mainly for extra machine work and a little more for tube cost- but the spy-roll is not a huge deal- Jess :D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I was talking with J.E.Reel about making some of those tubes. But since I have been running his .250 wall 2 1/2" shafts, I havent even been able to bend one.
I think Ill stay with just running good strong shafts.
Chris sure does make a good advertising selling point though, as hard as he is on his drive train.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
he's a good guy to have running your shafts especially if he gets thru the season and it lives- chris drive's em hard! Jess

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Jeff ya but so do you!

You beat the hell out of your shafts as well and you just repoted no dentage :)

Now you just gotta fix em so they don't slip apart up front ;)

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
no there certainly not all .250 wall - I'll do these custom for guys who are abusive- Then I'll add the spy-roll idea before it get's built- Its a 4 thread per inch with a huge round cutter -Jess

1 - 20 of 41 Posts