Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
We discussed lot's of crazy ideas to finish out the build... Allen doesn't admit it, but he has some pretty good fab skills
I have to agree! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for this!

Before you ask how the radiator is fastened, you tell me how it's fastened? I tried to make it a little tricky for the eye at first glance.
Trick tabs in the dimple die that I circled? Do I win? If not, I'm completely clueless.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
I have to agree! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for this!

Trick tabs in the dimple die that I circled? Do I win? If not, I'm completely clueless.

Winner you are. Just something a little different for the eyes. Appreciate the comments man.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
It is, looks super clean and hides everything. Keep the same theme with finishing it up. Get any chance to work on it at all?
Thanks, I don't have much free time during the week, but I'm going to be off about 13 days over the holidays and hope to get some stuff done.:) I'll be working on it this weekend also.

Allen

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #187 (Edited)
Excellent ... very nice rig ... any more pics in action ... ¿?
Salu2
AA
Thanks alot. Not yet. I've got alot yet to do. I've got the frt. end off now and engine out finishing up some stuff and getting those parts ready for paint. I've cut all the inner structure out to clean the frt. up and pulled all the factory wiring out to help the appearance and get rid of the unneeded wiring. I'll post more pics when I have something worth showing.

·
Registered
34,185 Posts
I just wish you could buy new factory bedsides to hang on it. Looks killer Tim.
Actually, you may be able to... sort of.

Buy replacement 1st gen 4Runner 1/4's. Cut them up a bit and mount them. Friend of mine did this ~10 years ago after I decided not to fix the 4Runner. Turned out sick.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)

A buddy cleaned up the engine a bit. Much better. Not sure if I want to take the time to take the alternator apart and paint it at this time. Not much of a update, but it's pics and everyone likes pics. I'm laid off for 3 weeks and hope to get more done.

I know the garage is a mess, but that's a sign of work being done, RIGHT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
looks great man...

thats not a mess...you should see mine :laughing:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Any update is fine with me, pics definitely make it better! :D

Sucks to be laid off, but some time in the garage is nice. Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hey Allen,

Any chance you might have this done by the April Toyota ride at Harlan? I'm planning on having an Evo chassis outfitted with all Toy components down there to ride in:smokin: Would be cool to see this one down there too.

Keep at it... and let me know if you need anything.

-Tim

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Hey Allen,

Any chance you might have this done by the April Toyota ride at Harlan? I'm planning on having an Evo chassis outfitted with all Toy components down there to ride in:smokin: Would be cool to see this one down there too.

Keep at it... and let me know if you need anything.

-Tim
That is somewhat my goal, but we'll see. Man have i got into it. I feel like I'll never get it done, but we are slowly making gains. Waiting on a reverse swing pedal, the forward cylinders hit the shock tower also. Should be here today, poly forgot to ship it before christmas. They took care of it though. I was having a hard time getting the eng. cover to seal up, soooo, i hate to say it, but i cut it all out and framed the floor in 1'' tubing and i'm going to do bolt in panels. The floor needed the structure support it offers also. Hopefully i'll get somewhere progress wise to post some pics soon. Thanks Tim :D

Allen

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Damn... take pics of it all hacked out:D

If you've removed all the pedal assembly and the floor... just panel it out like a buggy. It's going to be a bitch sealing it all up though!!

I've got a full fiberglass replacement dash in the works that will fit. When you get it all together, give me a buz if your interested.

-Tim

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I've got a few update pics. I went back and redone the engine cover. After putting both seats in, i seen i needed some structure to stiffen the floor up and something a little easier to seal up, plus something flat to mount CB, radio and etc to. It's just roughed in and slid into place as of now. I'm going to fully weld the tubing frame structure to the firewall and floor and seam seal it. I've still got to make and put in some filler panels for the tunnel area and a couple places on the firewall. What you can't see, is I went back and took the factory dash bar out and replaced it to make mounting the reverse swing wilwood pedal assy. I'll get more up later. Sorry for the cellphone pics, batteries are dead in the camera.

181 - 200 of 672 Posts