Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
WOW. I haven't been here in a while. I've been building a street car instead of working on the truck. I've got a samurai that i'm still wheeling. To the gentleman that doesn't understand why i stopped on it, that's just it. You don't understand(meant in a polite way). There were a couple of things that needed fixed or redone for one reason or another and when i fixed one it would lead me to fixing something else and i just got tired of it going backwards and needed to get away from it for a while. It wasn't what i wanted it to be as much as what i think Tim wanted it to be and i was frustrated from the day i picked it up. No blame on anyone, i guess it was a communication or understanding problem of what i really wanted. Let me say though it is a cool ass piece even at that. It HASN'T been forgotten, just put back till the Nova is done. As someone stated, i would sell it, but IT's NOT eating a thing setting in the shop so i don't care if it does or doesn't. I myself wish it was done, it will be a cool rig for sure someday when i'm i ready to hit it again.

Thanks to the others that understand. I wish it was done more than anyone. There's alot of time and money setting there just waiting to be beat on.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
:beer::beer:
Same here. I'm not far from you, if u decide to liquidate! :homer:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
By no means give it away! I say complete it, even over more time. But do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
love this rig
Got the fenders comp cut and did alot of welding on the front tubes and fender mounts today. I had 3 buddies helping, so it went pretty well after we figured out what i had planned some several months ago. LOL

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Pics update

This engine mount was welded in and made removing the engine a pain in the a??. So i redone it.

I had to comp cut the fenders for clearance.

Front fender mount

Last shot of the day with the hood down

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #253 (Edited)
Working on crossbar for the front and using it to bolt the hood pin to. Pics later. Buddies making fender mounts for the door jamb area.

Here is what we worked on today for a few hours.

Just showing the door gap after putting the fender mount at the body line inside the fender.

The mount itself.

Put the crossbar between the down tubes for support and to mount the hoodpin.

The hoodpin mount(not finished with it yet), but it works.

The hood bumpers to adjust the corner height. This setup with the single hoodpin works good. The hood isn't floppy and has adjustment.

Just showing how the body lines line up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
did you say the factory grill and light will still work?
The grill will, but not the light bezels, because my plans are to mount the grill to the hood and the headlight bezels will hit the fenders. I'll show it in a pic maybe tomorrow. I have to work on my dads stuff tomorrow.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #258 (Edited)
Going to clean up the hood cutouts for the shock towers and welding up all the dash bar and parts that mount to it today. Hopefully start putting the cluster and dash pad back in. Already mounted the fan and radiator. Pics later.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #259

The dash is in and made removable. It holds the column, wilwood brake assy. and etc.

Radiator and fan are mounted back in

Ran out of time. Got alot accomplished this holiday weekend and still moving forward.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This truck is :smokin: I am glad to see you workin on it again I tried to sell some toys to buy it when you first put it up. Keep going it looks awesome!!

241 - 260 of 672 Posts