Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
With this low of a stance, the shock hoops are definately coming through the hood a little....

That's a sexy tractor......Shockhoops thru the hood look kickass. Sic ass build Yo!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I see. A buddy of mine used a mid sized peice of 16ga (broke to fit) just to knock the mud down.....im sure its as bad your way as it is here.
X2 Just hack out the original fender well, but leave the frame structure of it and weld in some 16ga with a couple breaks to fit the contour of the well better and open it up( sort of like the jeep tube fenders ). The fender will cover most of it and no one would even notice. One of those trick little things that you wouldn't notice unless you took a peek underneath.

what is the area in front of the motor going to be used for?
Would also be pretty trick ( depending oh how much space you have in front of the engine ) if you a welded up an aluminum tool box to put in there, wouldn't be too bad to run a rear mounted radiator or even in the cab behind the seats. hah This build just gets my gears going :evil: I love it!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
X2 Just hack out the original fender well, but leave the frame structure of it and weld in some 16ga with a couple breaks to fit the contour of the well better and open it up( sort of like the jeep tube fenders ). The fender will cover most of it and no one would even notice. One of those trick little things that you wouldn't notice unless you took a peek underneath.

Would also be pretty trick ( depending oh how much space you have in front of the engine ) if you a welded up an aluminum tool box to put in there, wouldn't be too bad to run a rear mounted radiator or even in the cab behind the seats. hah This build just gets my gears going :evil: I love it!
I'm definately going to do something, I'll have to look at when I get it back. I was thinking my new Coleman cooler would be neat under there.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
We always kick funny ideas around in the shop.

One of the first things said here was "I'd put a cooler up there.... and maybe a burrito cooker... I can see it now, jump out and pop the hood.. dig in elbow deep with both arms and come out with lunch" :flipoff2:

-Tim

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
We always kick funny ideas around in the shop.

One of the first things said here was "I'd put a cooler up there.... and maybe a burrito cooker... I can see it now, jump out and pop the hood.. dig in elbow deep with both arms and come out with lunch" :flipoff2:

-Tim
I got a new metal Coleman for Christmas last year from my brother. He said he thought i could put it on the truck and that's the first thing i thought when i seen that open space. Whose gonna check under the hood for a cooler of cold drinks?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice work Tim! I showed this thread to my buddy and he was asking if you had plans on doing a f-toy chassis (like hendrix motorsports)? Once again though SICK WORK!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
We need an update on this rig.
Fine... look at this. :flipoff2:

I had to redesign the steering geometry... So I decided to incorporate the assist ram into the Pitman arm and hang the ram off the frame instead of down on the axle...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Very cool idea for the pitman arm, how long did it take to whip that out?
I've had the idea for a while. since Allen had the assist and needed a different pitman arm anyway, I ran the idea of cutting his up and setting it up this way. I like it, good protection for the assist ram and easier hose management. Building the Arm only took a few hours, but I have most of a day in thinking it through and drawing it out. It would have been a lot simplier if the arm could have been left straight, but I mounted the steering box at a slight angle and it complicated things slightly. I had to make a jig for the press to put that step in the arm:shaking:

I don't have the means of producing something like this more than one off versions..(yet) but, something along this idea would be nice in a kit.

-Tim

101 - 120 of 672 Posts