Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 672 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
that is what i was thinking, it seems like it would put a lot of the strain right on the box. i have no idea if it would or not, but i was just wondering, either way it is a bad ass idea

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Wont the ram and the steering box fight each other ?
No... the ram gets power from the steering box. The valve in the steering box deflects and pressurizes the upper or lower cylinder according to which way you are turning.

Unless the steering box bottoms out and the ram is still getting power, there will be no more stress than a regular ram assist setup.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I need to go change my pants... hah

Can't wait to see this finished! :smokin:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
wow that is a very impresive rig. do you plan to run that in any competitions or is it just a trail rig?
No comps, just some good old trail bashing with my buddies and hitting the bigger more popular spots are my plans. Although if something close came up you never know, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
stupid:

Why not lower the coil-over mounts 2.5" lower, so that would be full bump, and the hoops wouldn't go through the hood?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If I had to guess, the room to compress the shocks is there. He just does not have it flexed all the way in the pic he posted. Tim was just making a statement on how tight things were with additional, minimal room to flex the final couple inches.

It is definitely tight.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Why not lower the coil-over mounts 2.5" lower, so that would be full bump, and the hoops wouldn't go through the hood?
Besides tight fit in there, I think it also had to do with keeping it LOW! and also achieving the most travel. But I'm not the builder, just throwing a wild guess out there :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Diggin it!:smokin:

shock hoops.jpg

121 - 140 of 672 Posts