Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems as though i have holes in my floorboard.... guess im gonna have to get some sheet metal and make patch panels... does anyone see a problem with using pop rivets and 3m weatherstrip adhesive to attach/seal the repair patches???

drivers side

passenger side

:mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

·
Registered
342 Posts
i would neutralize all that rust first, then sheet metal the fawker, then herculine it all, so u cant see any of it

i pulled my carpet a few months ago and herculined it, it takes awhile for the smell to go away, but it insulates pretty well

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im definately going to cut all of the rust that is there out.... and i thought about herculining it too... has anyone used the duplicolor spray bedliner.. i hear that works pretty good....

hmmm clear plastic??? like plexi glass??? thats an idea too... how hard is it to make that work???

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
1. Go to a state where they don't salt the roads. FL, TN, CA, etc..
2. Obtain new truck.
3. Roll your Toy into neighbors yard, set it on fire, and get the popcorn.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TNToy said:
2. Obtain new truck.
3. Roll your Toy into neighbors yard, set it on fire, and get the popcorn.

even if i do get a new truck i will be starting from scratch... i only paid $1000 for this truck and its in excellent mechanical condition... it just has some rust issues on the body... nothing that cant be fixed... we here in nc dont usually have to worry about salt on the roads- rarely have snow in the central part where i live soooo.... tell me again why i need to burn my truck???

btw im buying another truck tomorrow for $500 that also runs... which will in turn lose its bed, fenders, doors, and top.... along with getting a set of fullsize axles......

·
Lurking since 1956
10,418 Posts
I don't know about pop rivets. That's your body mount there. If you don't put in some real metal and do some welding you may hit a bump and feel a bit closer to the ground. You also may start having problems getting your doors open.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
northpole85 said:
i would neutralize all that rust first, then sheet metal the fawker, then herculine it all, so u cant see any of it

i pulled my carpet a few months ago and herculined it, it takes awhile for the smell to go away, but it insulates pretty well
Did you get the brush on type or spray on type? Does it help insulate heat as far as helping keep warmer in the winter or were you talking about insulating sound? I had to pull my carpet out a while back,it was complete trash and couldn't get the nasty mildew smell out. I would like to put something down to help insulate for keeping a little warmer in the winter.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
"I don't know about pop rivets. That's your body mount there. If you don't put in some real metal and do some welding you may hit a bump and feel a bit closer to the ground. You also may start having problems getting your doors open."

DITTO what papee said! That rust on a yota usually indicates a leaking windshield!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
83toy85k5 said:
... has anyone used the duplicolor spray bedliner.. i hear that works pretty good....
[/B]
i tried that once. It stayed real soft and stickey. Kinda like undercoating.
herculiner works well.

Your other option is to buy a FORD!! They NEVER rust.:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a lot of problems when I first got my truck and what I did is basically get rid of the rust, bondo it up then lay down some "Bondo bedliner" it up I think the bond stuff is better because actually quite thick and applies nicely. Plus I also had the floor problem that you had and all I did was pop rivits and a piece of steel, and just bondoed the hell out of it. Good luck though.:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
342 Posts
raptorman57 said:

Did you get the brush on type or spray on type? Does it help insulate heat as far as helping keep warmer in the winter or were you talking about insulating sound? I had to pull my carpet out a while back,it was complete trash and couldn't get the nasty mildew smell out. I would like to put something down to help insulate for keeping a little warmer in the winter.
i pulled my carpet due too mildew also, it keeps the cold out very well, its been -15 or colder the last few days and it stays warm and toasty, i bought 2 cans of it, i think quarts, id say one gallon would work the best, when i went to buy the stuff, i bought the duplicolor pan kit, came with the pan and roller and a brush and some scrub pads, well first off the roller the kit comes with sucks ass, so ya need a regular paint roller , one ya use for trim, the smaller one, it works very well,

i applied 2 coats, i put the first coat down , let it sit over night and the next day till i got home, applied the second coat, the first coat sucked, being inexpirienced with the sheeot, i didnt have it stirred well enuff at all, so some areas go black paint rather than the acutual herculiner stuff, but i fixed that with the second coat, the smell takes awhile to leave the cab , so leave the windows down as much as possible, and where a respirator, a cheapy that covers the nose and mouth, the shit ends up in your nose, it likes to have fun with the blood vessels in there also, but all in all i like it, no more carpet and now i can hose out the cab, oh yeah dont get the stuff in the bolt holes for the seats its a bitch to get the bolts started if ya do:)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
TNToy said:
When did Tennessee stop salting roads? For the 20 years or so that I lived there, they salted the piss outa the mountain roads.

Maybe you live in the flaterna billiard table end of the state where there's no need to salt.:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Alabamatoy said:
When did Tennessee stop salting roads? For the 20 years or so that I lived there, they salted the piss outa the mountain roads.

Maybe you live in the flaterna billiard table end of the state where there's no need to salt.:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I heard that!!! I hate it when they salt the roads. I can drive 2/3's a mile to the end of my drive way and get salt that's piled up almost a foot deep on the shoulder right now. They use a grader and grade it off after the ice has melted. It just piles up on the sides off the road. I go up there and get me about a bucket or two every winter to keep my step's and sidewalks clear around the house. I hate the fact that it's eating my cars though. I try not to drive as much when the roads are salty cause of it. Then wash my trucks every week REAL good no matter how cold it is. I don't know if this will help my trucks last longer,but I can say I tried.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Rockit said:

Your other option is to buy a FORD!! They NEVER rust.:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Only problem is they never run either!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
446 Posts
TNToy said:
They don't need to salt the roads in FL...between the ocean and humidity your just as screwed. Good luck finding ANY old cars in FL without a serious rust problem.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jrussell said:

Only problem is they never run either!!!:flipoff2:

ROTFLMGDAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Here's a hint for next time. You can see those holes from underneath too!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
85TrailToy said:
Here's a hint for next time. You can see those holes from underneath too!:flipoff2:
:laughing:

Oh, and yes. I live in memphis. Flat as a pancake, and all I ever see here is sand on the roads.

Better than Chicago, though. Lived there until a few years ago. They used salt like mad. All the northern states do.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had the same cancer rot in my truck, I didn't like when the cab filled up with water on a deep water crossing. Here is what I did. I buffed up the area with my grinder, found some pieces of tin, cut them to fit, beat them to fit with a hammer, gobbed a ton of silicon on the back, put them in place and then welded them in place with my mig. doesn't leak a drop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts