Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen a guy on here build a tool stand out of an old rear axle so I figured I would build one out of a front diff.

Started out cleaning it up and giving it a shot of paint.

Next up was a rear drum brake of a tractor 3/16" plated to weld the 3" tubing to and an adapter plate for the differential to bolt to. I welded tabs to the bottom of the plate in case I wanted to add concrete but it doesn't seem to need it yet.

Bolted the diff to the stand and then started laying out the top plate. Top plate is 3/16" x 8" flat bar. I wanted to go heavier but I had this stuffing laying around.

Used the CNC to drill the bolt pattern.

Still need to finish it up and decide what I am going to but on it. So far it's the port-a-band, 8" grinder and tube notcher. Once I have everything mounted I will add some bracing to stiffen it up.

This is all I have done so far. Hope to finish it up soon but have other stuff higher on the list to get done.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
id add some type of light pole to the center. i seem to always be draging one of those high out put work lights around from table to table at my shop. then again my lighting sucks

cool build though have any other pics of how that port a band is mounted?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id add some type of light pole to the center. i seem to always be draging one of those high out put work lights around from table to table at my shop. then again my lighting sucks

cool build though have any other pics of how that port a band is mounted?
Doing that as I type this. I am adding a block to the center with 4 outlets and a light stand.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to copy everything you did Azzy but I got the front diff for free so I went that way. Cool build by the way.:smokin:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks pretty cool..Hated having my bench vise mounted to a table, so I fabed up a old rim attached to some pipe and scrap plate...a movable bench vise comes in handy constantly! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts