Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
If I could get a horse shelter built for my wife prior to Thanksgiving, I bet I could convince her that we could forego the Turkey and go to Moab. Hmmm! I think I'll stop off at the salvage place tomorrow and see about some steel.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
orangefj45 said:
awesome pic! you're making me jealous, fawker! :flipoff2:

hope you had a great trip. :)

hey, thanks. we had a BLAST! left thursday morning. broke down 40 miles east of Grand Junction...water pump. :shaking: anyway, thanks to dudes over at Advance Offroad (Kevin Grove), pointing me in the direction of a tow (Dan's Towing/fellow Toyota guy), and Smililn' Dan's automotive, we were back on road around 7:30p, where we decided to call it a day, have some beers, and stay in Gr. Junction. Left the junction next morn round 5am, and made it to Moab an hour 1/2 later... Great time...! Once we got der, we hurried over to Fin's and Things, to do a quick run...got lost...made it back to camp round 7ish. woke up Saturday morning, and did poison spider mesa, where i could test out the ARB's...WOW! "Did i have even have 4wd before....hehe?" did the "Wedge"...and some others....MOAB roxxxx!

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pic4

ran into a caravan of Range Rovers. BRAND NEW ones!! there was atleast one spotter for every rover...funny as hell. from what they told me, Range Rover hosts some type of driving class for rich people...6K/weekend.. :eek: they use company rigs atleast, so the Rover can stay at home.

Attachments

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Arrrrrgh. Man I miss that place. Keep the photos comming.

Mark

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
chef said:
MOAB: once a year ain't enough!
Nice pix, I recognize each of those places real well.
<gloat>
Gotta love being a 5 hour drive from moab!
heheheheh
</gloat>

What trail were those rovers on? I don't recognize one of the spots...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
CaverInaCruiser said:
<gloat>
Gotta love being a 5 hour drive from moab!
heheheheh
</gloat>...
You drive there in reverse James???

Fastest time: 3 hours (in the Taco)
In the 40: 4 hours
Towing the 40: 3.5 hours

:D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
cruiseroutfit said:
You drive there in reverse James???

Fastest time: 3 hours (in the Taco)
In the 40: 4 hours
Towing the 40: 3.5 hours

:-O

Both your Taco and your 40 have 5 speeds! And 4.88's!
I have an SM420, and 4.11's...
45 mph over US6 between Spork and Price... :-(

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
hullendersauce said:
hey, thanks. we had a BLAST! ...Great time...! Once we got der, we hurried over to Fin's and Things, to do a quick run...got lost...made it back to camp round 7ish. woke up Saturday morning, and did poison spider mesa, where i could test out the ARB's...WOW! "Did i have even have 4wd before....hehe?" did the "Wedge"...and some others....MOAB roxxxx!
hullendersauce, I know you would never rag on your wheelin' buddies, but come on, tell the truth: Ain't that a bit of over-spotting at the wedge obstacle?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts