Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think the 70-some choices they made could be the best they had to choose from. Close to a third of them weren't even locked all around. Some of them didn't even have winches. I thought that was a requierment. Way too many Dana 44s to count. Two red necks in a crew cab, a hand crank winch, and a fork lift, was the best they could come up with. I was exspecting tube chassis, big motors, big tires, well thought suspentions, great looking rides, and incredible fabrication. Put all the trucks together, and you still can't build that. A couple rides might be interesting to see, but 10. I don't think so. Just my thoughts on this years TTC.

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
and none of them had a dictonary either!:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

*edit* i agree, 2/3 of them were eliminated as soon as they put the stamp on

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
well take a look at the competition......ride and drive on-road.......braking distance on pavement.....show and shine......acceleration on pavement......the requirement for it to be registered and insured in it's state of origin..........maybe this tells you that a full tube rock buggy might not be the winning entry seeing as how 1/3 of the competition is judged on pavement performance and looks? :rolleyes:

-Scott

·
Registered
29 Posts
Imust say you do have a point but there some insane people pot there that just get it on and have a rig that will take the abuse. I do have a rig that fully gets it. #55 It is built tough with custom 1ton axles dutchman shafts a 454bb 465trans np205 ect..... All ican say is be ready if iget in. Iwill do my best. I promise all of you. Thanks Mike Smith

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
1poorsucka said:
I was exspecting tube chassis, big motors, big tires, well thought suspentions, great looking rides, and incredible fabrication.

DUH!!!

All the people that are doing this are all too busy posting on PBB to get our sh!t running enough to enter!

-t

·
Registered
860 Posts
to tell you the truth all your seeing right now is the rigs. you could have the most capable rig in the world but if the driver doesnt know what hes doing than it doesnt matter. 90% of 4 wheeling is the driver. a perfect example is ttc from 99. grady mcleod won, he had one of (if not the) smallest rig there, but the way he drove is was emaculate. some of these rigs may look a little shabby or underbuilt, the driver could make all the differance in the world. but i do agree that you should be locked front and rear etc to enter. you should know your not gonna make it on 31's, open diffs, hopes and dreams. but this is just the way i see it, my $.02

·
Registered
994 Posts
The funny thing is that you hear everyone bashing how the rigs are not to the extreme right now.... But after the TTC03 everyone will be crying "WAS THAT BRONCO REALLY STREET LEAGAL"... just like last year..... I just think its funny how people can talk the shit but then just look at what they wheel or webwheeling.... Just have fun and vote for what you want to see, and if you don’t see enof comp rigs, then send yours in:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
I don't think it should be full of comp buggys but give me a brake. at the very least they should be locked and have a winch.
And I don't give a shit what they are going to have if they get picked. We are supposed to vote on what they wheel everyday.
Just my rant for the day.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Lockers are not required but a Winch is required along with a lot of other stuff also

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey my truck doesn't have a winch on it in the magazine ,but I don't jump with the winches on if I can help it. I run a winch front and rear because most of our trails up hear are like the tank trap. And it is a full custom tube chassie . The frame was all 2x4 x.125 tubing bent to the original toyota specs . My truck looks like crap in that top 70 picture because one month before I landed on the nose and tumbled end over end and ripped the axles out from underneath it .
Yes my truck is insured and street legal up here in Alberta. I think you guys are bein a little hard the editors picks. Trust me TTC or no TTC you wanna put your money where your mouth is I'll pit my truck against anyones.It's not the best I just like the competition . Whatever .If you don't think it's a fully fabbed chassie and well thought out suspension ,or a big tired truck that looks good (when freshened) that can take a beating ,maybe I shouldn't have entered

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
I am kind of thinking that Fourwheeler really does not get that many entries. That is why there are so many gay one. Some of them are retarded, and would have no chance of being picked.

I would like to add that although there may be some on road events they do not count for as many points as the fourwheeling events, not even close.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Twister, Corey was telling me you were one for jumping your rig, WOW!! Are you going to run the big meats if you get picked?

John

·
Registered
558 Posts
Big meats ? the 44's or 52's? I entered with the 44's and 60- 14 bolt combo so I don't know if they'll let me run the rockwells and 52's . If it's cool with them yeah the big boy's .If not the little 44's will do me good. I was gonna run my mog diff's but I'm thinkin I'd break them when I land.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I dont think TTC has any jumping competitions???? Plus, I doubt you would win because it sounds like you you take great pride in breaking parts. Thats cool and all but it doesnt win competitions. Maybe votes but not competitions.

Honestly though....cool truck and I hope you make it!

Oh yeah, welcome newbie!!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey whats up Jesse? You might remember me. Iwas there last yearand met you.I am #55 Mike Smith. Your truck and you did a excelent job. To bad about the mud in your trans. I agree with you there is alot of different rigs in the mag but i guess any one should get achanceat it. Like i said just be ready for anything. Ithink that there is some upset people on this BB but we are just having some fun. Well got to go .Maybe i will see you again at TTCthis year. Take it easy. Mike

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Mike, it took me a minute to remember who you were. Hopefully you get voted in this year. One reason I think you will do good is because your vehicle has been together for a few years, and tested thoroughly. That is where a few of us ran in to problems last year.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I dont think TTC has any jumping competitions???? Plus, I doubt you would win because it sounds like you you take great pride in breaking parts. Thats cool and all but it doesnt win competitions
Yeah I like breaking my truck. Racing and testing at my scrap yard . It doesn't break offroad though. I think big jumps are the best way to find weak spots. Put it this way when I land and bounce off stuff my new 1"hiems and 2 3/8" .500 wall links don't break anymore. As long as there isn't any jumps I should be okay. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts