Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone on here that runs without a top and /or doors and doesn't garage their binder?
a body bob is one of the things near the top of the list and hard top is then gonna go- dont know if i am up to a top bob too--but i guess that is an option

if anyone leaves there junk out in the rain during the summer time-- is there any porblems wiht them or anythign specific i need to keep in mind??
the top issue should be addressed by winter time so snow isn't an immediate concern

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Yep, no garage, and the doors come and go, depending on how I feel that particular month. The top would be gone entirely, 'cept it keeps the rusty body from folding.

But I live in AZ and don't really give a shit.:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Have you never taken your top off for the summer before?

Anyway, other than no security for the belongings that you are storing in your rig there is no real concern...

I would definitly go with a bikini though...Keeps the sun and or elements that might fall from falling directly on your head (hope you are not bald).

I have no more doors and no top...they have been placed in the Yakima County Landfill. Very bio-degradable.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harvester of Sorrow said:
Have you never taken your top off for the summer before?

Anyway, other than no security for the belongings that you are storing in your rig there is no real concern...

I would definitly go with a bikini though...Keeps the sun and or elements that might fall from falling directly on your head (hope you are not bald).

no i have never taken the top off in the summer before-- well other then my t-top z28 -- im just getting the scout-- so this is all gonna be new to me--i had the z-28 rained in a few times but nothing major and not more then just a few times in the course that i had it--

i do know i have had several inches of muddy water in my current truck and besides the funk it developed this year with the heater running nothing major yet--wondering if i need to add drainholes in the floor to stop puddling and all that kind of good shit -- seatbelt retractor issues anyting i need to at least look at and make sure is in good shape ---ya know the normal newbie shit that might slip by or be unthoughtof when planning out a major undertaking such as building a trail rig out of a 30 year old binder:confused:

·
Registered
556 Posts
rip out the carpet and get you some plasteck seats...and rock it like that...my tops been off since february and i'm in virginia...it rains allthe time...im also in the city, and no one Fs with my shit...keep it big and dirty and would be burglars stay away

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
the top to mine came off the day i bought my scout, i tore out the remaining carpet, and coated the floors with por-15. i recomend drilling drain holes and geting boat well plugs. and yes, get a bakini top.. one sunny day and you will know why...

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

No interior, plastic seats.. :D

I do have to replace the switches on the dash periodically - they tend to corrode a bit.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
tsm1mt said:

No interior, plastic seats.. :D

I do have to replace the switches on the dash periodically - they tend to corrode a bit.
Dayum, didn't you just build a big shop a year or two ago?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
troutbum said:

Dayum, didn't you just build a big shop a year or two ago?
Yep. 30x30, but half is car + Harley parking (only work that's allowed on that half is on the bike), and half is workshop.

Hard to park the racer in the shop when I'm working on something else. Just one work bay..

I'll have a little more room at the new place - 28x36, and I get 2+ stalls for wrenching and equipment - still won't be parking my junk inside though. Not until we're ready/able to expand.. it'll still be an improvement as it is in the elbow room department.

The extra acreage will be handy, too. :D

Haven't gotten Michelle to agree to letting me build a drag strip or practice jump though..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
No top, no doors, Screw the elements,they seats will dry out, for theft protection I have a locked ammo box bolted in between the front seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts