1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this put up one hell of a fight comming off

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had to make a tough ass puller to pull it off with, but with a little heat, and some beating on it, it came right off

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
instead of taking the whole axle out, we took apart the CV and took the portal off the with "stub" in it. We drove the race out of the portal and now we have to press the pin out off the end of the cv to slide the seal off. I will post pic of that in a sec

Attachments

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Wow, the upper seal was leaking? Its usually the lower one in the "portal housing" picture that takes a dump.

See if you can get a crossreference of that seal in case of emergency. I'll dig up the seal # for the other one.

Cool tool that you made! I bought one from a dealer and have yet to try it out on anything!

Great pictures keep em coming!

·
Registered
564 Posts
To take my hub off, I used my press, and a fabbed horseshoe shaped fixture which allowed my to press the output shaft while supporting the hub. Kinda awkward since it's so large. Just another option... :D

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
jelbehai said:
To take my hub off, I used my press, and a fabbed horseshoe shaped fixture which allowed my to press the output shaft while supporting the hub. Kinda awkward since it's so large. Just another option... :D
Yep, I just rest my rotor on the press plates and press it off....oh, wait, you don't have disk brakes do you?:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scout Dude said:

....oh, wait, you don't have disk brakes do you?:flipoff2:
your right, i dont, i wont have drum brakes either:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well....... i am goin to put the pinion brake on the rear for sure (rs by the way), but i dont know with the front because of the motor oil pan. I might have to do as JR did,and put it up by the Atlas. We shall see.

·
Registered
326 Posts
rockmutt said:
well....... i am goin to put the pinion brake on the rear for sure (rs by the way), but i dont know with the front because of the motor oil pan. I might have to do as JR did,and put it up by the Atlas. We shall see.
Why not run the drum brakes? Weight or other reasons?
Thanks. Don.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RockinWagin said:

Why not run the drum brakes? Weight or other reasons?
Thanks. Don.
[/Q

mainly wieght and to get away from the mud

1 - 20 of 21 Posts